You guys. It's payday in a few days time and I've been planning on getting a TS9 for a while. But out of nowhere I've got this idea of maybe getting the keeley modded one ( http://www.robertkeeley.co.uk/overdrive_ts9.htm the first one). Just wondering if it is worth the extra money for the modded one or whether I should just go for the regular. I've looked around and can't find any videos with them side by side to hear the sound difference so am pretty much going on word of mouth here.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
why not put the money in your"JS1000 Fund" that'd probly pay off more in the long run
dont get the keeley modded one, do it yourself!

I keeley modde dmine using the Robert Keeley TS-9 Plus mod thread, and it sounds amazing
Quote by MacAdam
why not put the money in your"JS1000 Fund" that'd probly pay off more in the long run

I'm putting some other money aside for that. Only decided like 2 days ago that I'm gonna start saving for it.

Quote by -heartbreaker-

I keeley modde dmine using the Robert Keeley TS-9 Plus mod thread, and it sounds amazing
I'm useless with electronics mate. I'd end up soldering my hand to the damn circuit board lol. But where you say "it sounds amazing" is good enough for me lol.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
ohhh makes sence, well probly the unmodded one because its cheeper and u could mod it if u want laterr 4 less money
the modded one sounds freaking sweet! If you've got the bones, go for it!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by -heartbreaker-

How hard was it?
I very good with electronics on guitars and modding them but I haven't done a pedal yet but would like to start
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
How hard was it?
I very good with electronics on guitars and modding them but I haven't done a pedal yet but would like to start

It's relatively easy soldering....the parts are kidna close to each other so you need a tweezer to get them out, thats about it.
Could you give me a link to the mod thread your talking about. I'll have a look at it and just see what I'd have to do.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Last edited by SurfinWithSatch at Feb 8, 2008,
Soldering really isn't hard. It's certainly worth your money to buy it stock and mod it yourself.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Soldering really isn't hard. It's certainly worth your money to buy it stock and mod it yourself.

I've only ever soldered one thing in my life and that....erm....didn't come off so good lol. Maybe I'm just thick. But I'm worried I'm gonna spend £80 or whatever on a pedal, try to mod it but end up breaking it. I know it'd be worth my money to mod it myself, but that is presuming I don't spack it up which knowing my I will do lol.
I DON'T KNOW DAMNIT
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I'm not sure how different the Keeley modded ones sound, but I've got an early 90's maxon boarded TS9, which I did the 808 brown mod to, and it sounds a bit smoother than it did before the mod, but it's still the same animal.

It's not like the TS9 is a piece of crap unless you mod it. They're really nice OD pedals modded or not. Go and play through one at a music store if you can. You'll see what I mean.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
Last edited by Guitarminator at Feb 8, 2008,
play through a regular ts-9 and a reissue ts-808 if you can. if you like the 808 better, then the keeley mod is for you. if you like the 9 better, just get that and dont worry about it. the keeley mod does sound awesome (ive got one) but its not for everyone. and if you can spend some time practicing soldering and do it yourself, then thats even better.