Im interested in a few ibanez's in the 200 - 300 range for my first guitar, and i was wondering if it would be a good guitar for me.

I have small hands and figure and im looking to get a small amp, nothing special, but with a few effects. Im also interested in playing music such as led zeppelin, cream, red hot chili peppers, and the rolling stones. would this work for me?
I'd say so. I just have a 300 dollar RG2EX1 and I play different types of rock and metal and it works perfectly. But my amp is a spider III 75
Ibanez would probably be ok for what you're looking for, but not ideal by any means, I'd reccomend Fenders more than others for you.
I suggest you to get a strat with HSS pickup setting...but I don't know.
I personally don't like ibanez guitars.
but that's my opinion.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by King Baby Duck
Ibanez would probably be ok for what you're looking for, but not ideal by any means, I'd reccomend Fenders more than others for you.

yeah, a used Mexican made strat is what I vote for.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
in reality any guitar can be used in any style, it comes down to other gear, and more importantly how you play it. but typically ibanez is associated with metal, but im sure you can get a nice crush out of one. if you want a guitar more associated with classic rock, try gibson's or fender's cheaper models (squier & epiphone, they are still good quality, just made with cheap labor for lower prices).
Quote by Wylde14
in reality any guitar can be used in any style

Are you suggesting I could use a Gretsch White Falcon for a Cradle of Fifth tribute show?

SWEET!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
Are you suggesting I could use a Gretsch White Falcon for a Cradle of Fifth tribute show?

SWEET!

You know what he meant. Obviously a big goofy hollowbody wouldnt be ideal for metal, but there is no reason especially with him just starting out to say no to Ibanez because most classic rock players played Fenders and LP's or whatever.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Take a look at the lower end Ibanez ARX series. Should suit you perfectly for what you want.
When i think classic rock i think Les Paul or SG. Try out some of them. Ibanezes are great for metal, nu-metal, and so on.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
You guys know Ibanez also makes set-neck 22 fret HH fixed bridge guitars too, right?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
You guys know Ibanez also makes set-neck 22 fret HH fixed bridge guitars too, right?
They do?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
They do?

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude

You mean they make guitars other than the S and the RG No way!

Sadly, thats the response from 75% of the people on here, minus the sarcasm.
What is it with this will this guitar do that type of music question, as someone who isn't that experienced when it comes to electric guitars, I don't understand why you shouldn't be able to play any genre on most electric guitars, My Schrecter Tempest Extreme played through my Boss ME-20 can be set to get a huge variety of sounds covering most genres as will my Affinity Strat (being replaced today with an MIM Fender Strat). Isn't it better to go for a guitar that feels and plays nice to the buyer especially when it comes to 'Classic Rock' yeah perhaps Les Pauls, Strats and Telecasters were perhaps the most famous but hundreds other models were also used.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
It's not the best for classic rock (Strats beat it... and others), but it can do anything to a certain limit. I suggest try some Ibanez as their necks are very thin which is good as you said that you have small hands.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I use a RGA121, which is a powerstrat, for blues or any rock. I really like the thin neck of the RG's so I use em as I like.

The RG321 is in your price range. The ARX100 is a real tempting guitar, I almost got one. It has a fairly thin neck and goes for $300.