O.K, I've just about had it. Two weeks ago I purchase a brand new Fender FSR Deluxe Player's Strat Special Edition (Sienna sunburst).

It was beautiful, it was comfortable, the bridge rang out notes, there was fret buzz, the B string WOULDN'T stay in tune. That sound of a chord ruined by a note flatter then an ironing board... Is it really to much to ask for an instrument that almost plays in tune?

Why can't a 600 dollar guitar stay in tune? I'm only using vibrato or bending the string and you hear the noise and its out of tune... You attempt to tune the damn string and it jumps from flat to sharp faster than my current patience, and has a weird noise. I figure it has to do with something concerning the bridge.

I call, I exchange, I get a brand new guitar with the same problem.

The same problem.

I call Fender (pissed off of course, was I going to send them roses after this?) and tell them that this has happened. Twice. They tell me to take it to a guy who attempted to fix the problem three times with my Les Paul only it was the G string that was the issue. Yeah right.

What is causing this and why the hell can't expensive instruments stay in tune? Should I give up entirely, get my money back, and stay angry at repair shops and big name brands of guitars that make instruments and mass produce them when they CANT. STAY. IN. TUNE?

Thanks for reading, thanks 10 fold if you actually respond.
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Probably need to recut the nut.

I mean, it's a 600.00 guitar that was stamped out of a big factory. You're going to have to do little adjustments.
Yeah, maybe your other guitar was constantly out of tune, and your ear was used to that. Either that, or replace the tuning pegs?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Dude, in all fairness, I know and agree that $600 is a lot of money, but a $600 guitar is not an "expensive instrument".
rofl. But, My $150 squier stays in tune very well, even when I use the whammy. So I dunno. Try replacing the Tuners, that may be the problem.
Fret buzz? get the frets leveled.
Notes ringing out on the bridge?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
maybe a new tuner? hell try locking tuners. they are a nice investment anyway.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Locking tuners are a good idea and I was thinking about getting gold ones somewhere down the line for it, but I don't have the money right now, and that shouldn't be vital to keep a single string in tune. I will get those later anyway assuming I keep the piece of crap.

You're right, 600 is the average price for a guitar these days, but come on, do I have to pay 600 more to ensure a string doesn't get constantly out of tune?

Yes, the bridge rings out notes that sound very much like natural harmonics, but I've noticed it kills sustain plugged in and unplugged.

Also noticed tonal differences when playing on different strings. G string louder then the others, E string softer and not as distorted (and this is when playing on a Megadeth setting)...
- Douglas Adams
Number one, your nut need the slightest bit of work to correct the issue with tuning. Two, you're using a strat for megadeth? Not a good idea. If you want to play metal or something you'd be much better off with a mahogany guitar with humbuckers.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Sounds like you got some pretty ****ty guitars.

I know I'd be pissed if I spent 600 bucks on a guitar and it didn't stay in tune.

I would try getting another again just to make sure you didn't just get two lemons.

If you get one that won't stay in tune again, I would say to hell with The Fender Deluxe Player's Strat.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Number one, your nut need the slightest bit of work to correct the issue with tuning. Two, you're using a strat for megadeth? Not a good idea. If you want to play metal or something you'd be much better off with a mahogany guitar with humbuckers.

I understand this, well at least number 2. I was just testing it, a have a Les Paul for that reason, I bought this guitar for better cleans and to be more bluesy. And it's gorgeous.

I've seen someone (the dude who couldn't fix my Les Paul) file down the nut and it helped a little bit but it stills gets knocked out 2 to three times in an hour or so session.

I read somewhere that all the maple neck ones are complete lemons but I ignored it and figured this guy couldn't have played every single maple neck guitar of this series...

I suppose I might exchange it again, but would it be worth it to see what they can do to it? It's free since I paid for the 50 dollar extended warranty...

If that fails I'll probably ask for all my money back and hit my head against a brick wall.
- Douglas Adams
If you're still willing to go fender then I'd say see if you can exchange it for a Jimmie Vaughan. It doesn't have all the same features as the players strat, but mine was very well put together and sounds amazing. It doesn't have the noiseless pups, but I'd say that a plus as the tex-mex pups it has are amazing. Definitely give one a shot. They are amazing for clean and do classic rock and blues beautifully.
Quote by Kevin Saale
If you're still willing to go fender then I'd say see if you can exchange it for a Jimmie Vaughan. It doesn't have all the same features as the players strat, but mine was very well put together and sounds amazing. It doesn't have the noiseless pups, but I'd say that a plus as the tex-mex pups it has are amazing. Definitely give one a shot. They are amazing for clean and do classic rock and blues beautifully.

Funny you should mention, this guitar has Tex Mex pickups.

I just know I really want another guitar that feels like this one. Not sure about the pickups, considering my amp is in the shop (my luck is made of fail) and line6's guitar port doesn't sound to pleasing on the ears with any guitar anymore...
- Douglas Adams
Hmm, could've sworn that those things had noiseless, oh well. Any strat should feel similar to the player strat. The only time I had any tuning issues with my guitar was when I put a heavier gauge on it. I took it and got a pro set up done and have no problems since, unless I do a dive bomb (which those vintage trems aren't built for).
maybe you should take it to a new tech and just have him give it a once over. he might pick up on something that your other one missed.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL