ok so lately i've been recording myself to see where i can improve. and even though i can spot some things myself, i was wondering if i could get some feedback from you guys and see what you think i should work on, mechanics wise. (i.e. not wat scales i should probably learn and watnot, or that i should branch out and learn modes and stuff). anyways, it's the first song on my profile i believe, it's the "solo in E and D". C4C, thanks!!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
That was actually really good! Very Van Halen esque.

Your tone is also amazing. If I knew where you lived I'd kill you and take your amp >_>
well no, i don't think i'm gonna tell you where i live haha, but anyways, thanks a lot for the compliment!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
That tone is kickass!

I liked it a lot, very bluesy but with a metal edge.

Are you playing to a metronome or beat? If not, then you should and you will improve a lot quicker. Recording yourself while playing on a beat and then playing back without the beat brings out every rhythmic error you can imagine. (but helps you figure it out)
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by webbtje
For someone who's been playing for a year, that's very impressive.

You do rely a little too much on the good ol' pentatonic scale, but good stuff anyhoo. You certainly have the technique, now learn some more exotic scales and you'll be cruisin'.

If you wanna crit my new song,

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781428

yes, i really like the pentatonic. but i throw in the minor and then the major and minor blues a lot. but yeah i'll probably start learning more scales. the only other two i know right now are the harmonic minor and the phrygian mode. oh and btw, i've been playing for pretty close to two years now, i think my about me is pretty out of date lol. thanks for the feedback and i posted a comment about your song in your thread.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Awesome playing for 2 year. Some nice licks. I don't mind the pentatonic however it can get a little boring sometimes so of course using some different modes will reallyt improve your playing from the aspect of what you can actually play.

Amazing tone too - JCM = Legend.

Good stuff.

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12729843#post12729843
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by zeroyon
That tone is kickass!

I liked it a lot, very bluesy but with a metal edge.

Are you playing to a metronome or beat? If not, then you should and you will improve a lot quicker. Recording yourself while playing on a beat and then playing back without the beat brings out every rhythmic error you can imagine. (but helps you figure it out)

cool thanks i should probably do that then. i can make click tracks in audacity so i'll use that. but thanks for the feedback!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Donkey Fly
Awesome playing for 2 year. Some nice licks. I don't mind the pentatonic however it can get a little boring sometimes so of course using some different modes will reallyt improve your playing from the aspect of what you can actually play.

Amazing tone too - JCM = Legend.

Good stuff.

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12729843#post12729843

yeah, i guess when i start soloing and i get into that mood, i don't like to change styles around that much. i do like to solo in phrygian and harmonic (really the only two scales i know lol), but i was just in that blues mindset haha. but anyways, thanks a lot for the comment and i'll crit your song right now!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's