Hey All,

I'll keep it short - I've become bored with conventional effects in my guitar playing - sure chorus on clean is great to have, delay/phaser on solos is cool, but I just want something a bit more...interesting.

I've been eying up the MXR blue box on the Jim Dunlop website, so if any of you have direct experience with that, great, but otherwise please post the more unusual pedals you have/have used. I need some crazyness in my sound!

Cheers,
Whammy- Wah- Phaser- Flanger
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Whammy- Wah- Phaser- Flanger

With the exception of the whammy, those are what I would define as conventional effects.

-Actually I've been meaning to ask - does the whammy have any other functions besides being like a whammy bar with more range? I heard it has harmonizing functions too?
Yeah I have a Digitech Whammy and it has all kinds of harmonizers, u can set them to a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.. up or down, and bend the harmonies with the pedal while you play.... takes some getting used to but it's great for turning a so-so arpeggio into something with a whole new life to it.

I also like using pitch transposers, and other conventional harmonizing effects. And using a Leslie cab simulator can definitely add some weirdness if set to some of the faster settings.
Just listen to the fool in the rain solo and you'll get a good idea of what the blue box sounds like. I don't think it's all that special.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Just listen to the fool in the rain solo and you'll get a good idea of what the blue box sounds like. I don't think it's all that special.

Who by?

EDIT: Forget it, Led Zep right? Not exactly one of my favourite bands, so forgive me.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Feb 8, 2008,
ring modulators, most moogerfooger stuff, line 6 fm4, can create some mad sounding stuff wiith those
POST FINDER
digitech synth wah all the way!!!

listen to the demo on digitech.com
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
With the exception of the whammy, those are what I would define as conventional effects.

Genious if more often found in the simplest things.
Danelectro Sitar Swami... Supposed to make your guitar sound like a sitar. Hard part is trying to find one to play with.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
i have a blue box. its definately... interesting. you deffinately have to mess with it a bit to findd the sound you like from it adn to get it to sound somewhat decent, but when properly used, it can be pretty impressive
NOPE
try a fuzz factory. I bought one recently and its seriously entertained me nearly every free moment ive had with my guitar. Ive put int atleast 8+ hours and i still feel like ive only just scratched the surface. It can make some crazy sounds and some pretty normal fuzz sounds as well, so its not just something you fool around with but never end up actually using.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Ring Modulator with Digitech Whammy (1 if you're rich, but the 4 is basically a slightly-less quality re-issue). There's a part of The Android Of Notre Dame by Buckethead where he uses them, although he stills uses some other things and I can't tell what the hell they are.

Oh almost forgot.

INSTALL A KILLSWITCH. They're fun.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
i got your answer, look through the ehx website, they got all sorts of crazy effects, but they are a tab pricey but if you want a uniqe pedal dont be expecting a kiddy price tag.
OK here we go. I love my crazy effects so here's a couple of good companies

LAL (Lastgasp Art Laboratories), Death By Audio, ZVex, Mid-Fi Electronics, EHX (the MicroSynth, Q-Tron, Frequency Analyzer and HOG are pretty sweet), Moog (especially their Filters and the MuRF), Effector 13 (my god!), Line 6 (FM4, don't buy anymore of their crap though), Red Witch.

I can get some more if you like.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
OH, by the way, add to that list:

4ms, Audible Disease, Crank (not mistaken with Krank), King Capitol Punishment and Sirkut Electronics.

Looks like research time for you boy.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM