so, i've been wanting to build a new pedal board for some time now seeing as my old one was too big and too messy. My old board was actually two boards painted black with my power bar velcroed to it and i often had alot of trouble accessing all my pedals while singing with my band.

So yesterday during math class i made a scale plan of how i wanted my new pedalboard to be, i went to the hardware store, got some stuff and built it! check out the radical transformation:

old pedal board:

new pedal board:

but wait... where are all the adaptors and power bar you ask? this is where i innovated and my pedalboard stands of from the rest:

yes! hinges on the top level of the board which when lifted reveal a compartment with all the outlets and adaptors i need.

this new board is very compact, yet not too crowded. theres enough space to safely house my wireles system and it fits perfectly into my road case!!!! wooooh

sorry for the boasting :P

so what do you guys think? i'd like to know how i could make it better, my biggest problem is that there's no space to put handles, and that makes taking it out / putting it in the road case really tough.

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Last edited by tauket2 at Feb 8, 2008,
theres a kind of plastic protective paint (forgot the name) you should cover the whole thing with it...

thats an amazing model btw... might steal a thing or tow for my design
not to be a smart ass, but what on earth do you need that many pedals for? This is just me, but I see a need for OD, Wah, and Delay. That's it, just 3. Not sure what kind of Marshall you play through, but if it's an MG maybe you do need them, but if not...
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by FrenchBread
not to be a smart ass, but what on earth do you need that many pedals for?

Presumably because they all do different things.
I suppose if he wants a phaser sound he's **** out of luck, right? Three pedals max. Who cares if they let him create new sounds.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Presumably because they all do different things.
I suppose if he wants a phaser sound he's **** out of luck, right? Three pedals max. Who cares if they let him create new sounds.

chill man, i was just inquiring,

if i recall I saw two different distortion pedals on his rig, and adding a phaser to my original list makes it a whopping 4.
If I wanted phaser/flanger/rotary/tremolo etc, then I would just get a processor [not for modeling but for effects]

Again, this is just me, I'm just discussing, no disrespect so chill Avis
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by FrenchBread
chill man, i was just inquiring,

if i recall I saw two different distortion pedals on his rig, and adding a phaser to my original list makes it a whopping 4.
If I wanted phaser/flanger/rotary/tremolo etc, then I would just get a processor [not for modeling but for effects]

Again, this is just me, I'm just discussing, no disrespect so chill Avis

Proccessors usually don't sound as good, especially if all of your pedals are analog, and I use two different distortions too, it's good for getting different guitar tones.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Pretty smooth design, doesnt look to mobile but if your not gigging its a cool design. Once its painted or carpeted with cosmetics add it will be 100%

But i would still prefer my gator design with power supply tucked underneath... less weight and i dont have to worry about a step up to get to my pedals..
ok... some answered questions.... i purposely left it natural coloured and i even chose pine wood because of the colour. i didnt want it black.

the thing with the antennas, well thats the receiver for my wireless system.

french bread: i only have one distortion pedal on there, but i guess if you count my amp distortion it's two. I play through a marshall valvestate 100 head and a marshall 1960a jcm 900 cab. You'll be sad to find out that i still need to get a chorus pedal. I mainly use effects to give some colour to my rythm based playing. I'm the lead singer and only guitarist in my band so i have to compensate for that handicap. You should check out Omar's pedal board from the Mars Volta.

there's no finish on the board right now so im definately going to do something to it before i bust it out live. i was thinking of maybe covering it with that carpet stuff you find on some old amps... but that would ruin the nice wood grain, so i might just stain it or varnish it.

and, its not very mobile, but i gig alot, so i built it with durability in mind. The secret compartment for the power supplies is great because i often knock those with my feet or unplug them by mistake (i have a tendendcy to sort of fly everywhere when i play (and am not singing)). I also built it to be sturdy, i can guarantee you that that thing is virtually unbreakable. So yes, it isnt very mobile, but definately intended for live playing.

i'm still trying to find a solution to my handle problem...

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed