Stevie Ray Vaughn. i just started listening to him and i went to try and learn some of his songs like Lenny and WOW thats freaking impossible!
Best can mean different things entirely... the fastest playing isn't always the best - I hate Michael Angelo Batio (even though he's not the fastest) - I'd prefer listening to Hendrix (overrated).

In my opinion, Paul Gilbert is the best guitarist. He shreds, doesn't rely on a whammy, has hot sounding bends, and fuses funk with rock / metal.
ahem, hendrix? over-rated?! come on...no one has been able to tear down boundaries like that man. If I had to choose between hendrix and cobain, id have a hendrix-zombie.

Care-o-meter...lol
Quote by Våd Hamster

then why post? take all that time to find and upload a pic just to say u dont care?
I don't care either. I'm wasting 30 seconds of my life to tell you how much I don't care.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by HaKattack
Stevie Ray Vaughan plays guitar?

Holy hell. I'm going to have to sig that.
Stevie Ray Vaughan for sure. I learned Lenny when I got my Strat, then I learned Texas Flood, and other stuff. It is probably the hardest stuff so play if you're cool.

P.S. I hate you for saying this, and I hate the others for laughing
Quote by wylde_overdrive
If he's so great, how come he's dead?

It's not funny.
I plays guitars.
Last edited by 2003LP at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by wylde_overdrive
If he's so great, how come he's dead?

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by hawk5211
thats hardly intelligent...

so then explain why Hendrix, King x2 and others are dead too. Maybe they werent that great either.

It's friggin' sarcasm!
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by hawk5211

so then explain why Hendrix, King x2 and others are dead too. Maybe they werent that great either.

Obviously not. However, Pete Wentz and Billie Joe Armstrong are still alive, so they are clearly better than the aforementioned James Hendrix and these 'Kings' you speak of.
<Han> I love Hitler
Lenny isn't that hard. I have a youtube video playing it though it sucks.

You just have to learn the chords and the basic structure, and tehn just improvise a la SRV.
Though yeah he's amazing.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by HaKattack
Obviously not. However, Pete Wentz and Billie Joe Armstrong are still alive, so they are clearly better than the aforementioned James Hendrix and these 'Kings' you speak of.

This thread is turning out great.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by bendystraw

WIN!

i think jason becker or marty friedman, just because i'd rather play a million notes a second than 2 notes in an hour
Personally, I think that Billie Joe Armstrong is the greatest guitarist. His work with the new album is a complete inspiration to me, my palm muting and power chord technique would be nothing without him standing there.
Personally, I love SRV. Life By The Drop is an amazing song when he does it.
But, his music isn't really that complicated if you know what he's doing, he really just bends alot.
and if you think his stuffs hard, Give Joe Satriani a try, now thats good guitarism.
call me Shelby

Quote by hawk5211

Yeah, they sucked.
Quote by BGSM
Personally, I think that Billie Joe Armstrong is the greatest guitarist. His work with the new album is a complete inspiration to me, my palm muting and power chord technique would be nothing without him standing there.

+204975 Don't forget the crazy soloing from American Idiot.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Yeah, they sucked.

how can you call youself a guitarist?
Quote by deathpidgeon

Well, I do this thing called 'play guitar' so I think I am a guitarist.
I'm being sarcastic I like SRV, but not in The Pit.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by urik

You just have to learn the chords and the basic structure, and tehn just improvise a la SRV.

Yup, he is amazing, but technically, SRV isn't that difficult. Same goes for Hendrix. Heck of a player in his day and influential, but can't hold a candle to the likes of Steve Vai as far as technical ability or experimentation. Its really all about personal preference. In my opinion Mikael Akerfeldt and Muhammed Suicmez are the best because I can relate to them the better than SRV or Hendrix or whomever you so choose. Either way, Jimmy Page sucks...
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by shut_up_n00b
Yeah, they sucked.

OMG I KNOW. I heard he gave Buckethead lessons and Buckethead quit because his self -esteem was so bruised.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by deathpidgeon

Are everybodies sarcasm detector broken in here or what?

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
Are everybodies sarcasm detector broken in here or what?

When have we known them to work?
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by AK Guitarist
When have we known them to work?

Can you repeat the question?

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
Can you repeat the question?

Nope.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by HaKattack
OMG I KNOW. I heard he gave Buckethead lessons and Buckethead quit because his self -esteem was so bruised.

I heard Billie Joe Armstrong writes all the songs for buckethead, then he plays them for him, and buckethead slows the songs down, plays along with them, and then speeds them up with studio magick.
Quote by urik

That's how I play it
R.A.G.E.