Hey, does anyone know if old strings can affect doing a vibrato , because it is incredibly dificult for me, it just scrapes against the frets. The strings are 8 months old, but I play alot, and im suprised they lasted so long.
Thanks, and does it matter if I have had spare strings that I bought a while back too? If they are still packaged they should be fine, right?
you NEED to change them.
I change mine about once a month
I plays guitars.
sweet jesus!!! 8 months? that's ridiculous. change them.

trust me, you will love a fresh new set of strings.
Nah
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
You can't be bending notes if your strings last 8 freaking months!!
i'm sure i haven't changed my strings for 8 months. unless you live in the amazon rainforest or somewhere else with 99% humidity, you're probably fine. should you change them more often? probably. are they affecting your ability to do vibrato? unlikely.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?