So.
Before I go into details; I need a new amp. Preferably 100watts.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul custom. No pedals, and right now; an Amp that shouldn't even be spoken of due to Crapness.

I can spend up to around 700 - 800 dollars (AUD)
My music tasted range from Metallica, Sum 41, yellowcard, Anberlin, Breaking Benjamin, And many other bands in that Genre. I'm a lot more serious about getting my own tone though.

I started looking into a Hughes & kettner matrix 100watt combo, but heard they can encounter a fair few problems only after weeks of purchase.
So I looked into a Peavey valveking 212, But Didn't like the tone too much.

So what can you guys recommend?
used 5150 or save up liek 200$ more and get a used dual recto.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Check out used Peavey 5150, 5150II, 6505, and 6505+. I bought a used 6505+ for 770$, and I freaking love the thing!
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Remember guys, he's on Australia pricing, so Mesa is probably out....(seeing as it's astronomically higher priced outside of the US)...used Peavey 5150 may work. I feel like Laney's aren't too over priced there....check the GH100L and VH100R.

Other than that, I can't help as I know too little about the amp market in Australia.
Quote by TheShred201
Remember guys, he's on Australia pricing, so Mesa is probably out....(seeing as it's astronomically higher priced outside of the US)...used Peavey 5150 may work. I feel like Laney's aren't too over priced there....check the GH100L and VH100R.

Other than that, I can't help as I know too little about the amp market in Australia.

Alright, well thanks for giving me all the information you could!!

But still, even that seems out of my price range at 1300$$
Last edited by Moe. at Feb 8, 2008,
No, Small chance they'd be selling used anyway..

I've been looking into a Peavey valve king 212.
Is this amp good for Sum 41, Breaking benjamin, Yellowcard type tones; Or is it mainly used for metal?

Because I can't stand metal tones at times, and want to avoid them at all costs