Ok so I want to get a reverb pedal as my new amp doesn't have reverb. There never seems to be a consensus on what is a good reverb pedal, but the only one that get it's fair share of good reports is the EHX Holy Grail series. I've narrowed it down to the two versions mentioned in the topic title.

The cheapest I've seen the HG go for is £50, whereas the cheapest HG+ is £85. What I want to know is, is it worth the extra money to buy a Holy Grail + or am I better with the original?

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I'm also slightly intrigued by the Boss FDR pedal, as it is supposed to mimc the Fender Deluxe Reverb, and it also has a gain control, which may kill two birds with one stone as I'm also on the hunt for an OD pedal. Opinions?
Last edited by greggybhoy at Feb 8, 2008,
Definitely no on the FDR; its very mediocre and very expensive. The holy grail + has a bit more control, but I wouldnt say its warrants the considerable price increase. It has a room setting a depth knob, which while nice, isnt necessary.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Recommended threads
record label
inmysleep
Last post:
by Dumpweedrock
metal solo
Xinlitik
Last post:
by sumguy67