i was recording on my computer today, and i dont do it very often cuz i want to work on my ability more than recording bucuz i find that more important, but i was overdubbing my self today and i found i cannot play with a recording of my self to save my life, and im not a bad guiatr player, and i play with other members all the time(im in the jazz band at school and play guitar in it). But, i want to know if any1 has any advise on how to play with my self on recordings, thanks a bunch!
very misleading thread title
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
ik, im just kididng man, but im srry, i dont have any home recording equipment so i cant really help u
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by guitardude34875
no, no, no, NO. if i wanted to put in something like that id put it in the pit!!!

Umm, I'm pretty sure it's a legit question, the title just sounds bad.

Try getting a metronome with a headphone jack on it and just put one ear piece in when you record.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Quote by Justin_43130
ik, im just kididng man, but im srry, i dont have any home recording equipment so i cant really help u

well, im a pit regular, so when titles like that come up, people expect something diff, it ok
Start with a basic backing track of guitar and add some midi drums or something...toss in some bass to go along with the rhythm guitar and then do some lead work on guitar over it all.

If you cant play guitar over your own work then you should not be able to play guitar with any other band members. The only difference is that you are creating the other parts....playing lead guitar is no different in a recording session.
well i think it's what curly head said bout the lag thing, cuz im pretty sure that im playing not as bad as the recording says, and how do i fix a lag? would direct input fix it? cuz i am recording on my computer
what gear are you using. Latency can really mess with your recording when you are trying to record to another track which is playing at the same time...

if you are going directly into the stock sound card of your PC or using a mic into the stock card then you will get latency. You can counter it all by getting either a recording card, (PCI interface card) or some type of interface that connects via USB 2.0 or even Firewire.

So list your current gear and setup and then a budget if you want to buy some new recording gear.
ya, i gotta get some new gear, im doing it from a headset mic straight into the sound card, that explains it
Well that'll be why the recording is all messed up. When I first started to record, I hit the same problems. It was the most annoying thing in the world.
There is poetry in despair.