Hello, im Jon, im 15, played guitar for 2 years, stopped and now I want to start up again.

No acousitc, electric only.

What kind of music do you want to play?
Rock, Metal

Are there particular bands you would like to sound like?
Demon Hunter is my favorite right now.
How much can you spend?
under $300

Do you have someone who can help you?
Got friends that have been playing for about 6 or 7 years.

Do you have music stores around you?
Yep, I have a Guitar Center right up the street

Thanks in Advance
You said you used to play. Do you already have an amp?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
the ibanez arc100 and arx120 are around $300 and you get a lot of guitar for the money
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
the ibanez arc100 and arx120 are around $300 and you get a lot of guitar for the money

Yeah, Ibanez is a great company for metal guitars from everything I've heard. If you're looking for a guitar-amp combo, I started with the Squier combo pack. Not really good for metal, but it'll get you started.

It depends on how soon you want to be involved in a band. If you're just going to be playing in your room alone, I don't think it should matter that much in the beginning, and when you get more serious and into it you should look more for tone and all that.

But like boogieman says, Ibanez is a great brand for metal, and a good quality company.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
The Roland Microcube is a great practice amp. Enough bells and whistles to keep things interesting for a long while. Decent tone. Very easy portability.

I've mentioned the Dean Vendetta before as being a decent starting guitar, although you should really go about and try various brands and models in person, especially since you've played before. Take your friends with you as a second set of (experienced) eyes is always a plus. Then see for yourself how different guitars play and feel.

Also, I'd go ahead and increase your available funds for the guitar to an even $200 as GC should be able to make you a decent deal since you're getting both an amp and guitar. You might be able to pick something up that you thought might just have been out of your price range.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by E V H 5150
Yeah, Ibanez is a great company for metal guitars from everything I've heard. If you're looking for a guitar-amp combo, I started with the Squier combo pack. Not really good for metal, but it'll get you started.

It depends on how soon you want to be involved in a band. If you're just going to be playing in your room alone, I don't think it should matter that much in the beginning, and when you get more serious and into it you should look more for tone and all that.

But like boogieman says, Ibanez is a great brand for metal, and a good quality company.

wait nvm, i wasnt paying attn to ts closely enough

the arc's cant do metal, the pickups are far too weak, but the art's are supposed to have pickups that are a bit hotter. avoid the gios though, it may say ibanez but its pure crap
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.