I have an Ibanez that doesnt have the first cover, The weird shaped one, Like in this picture

Now I'm assuming that cover comes off to change the batteries for active pickups, But my guitar doesnt have that cover, so how would I change the batteries?

Correct me if im wrong.
Open the one that doesn't look like a rectangle. There should be a battery in there. If not, the other one...

EDIT: Misread the post. Try the giant rectangle one on your guitar...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
The cover isn't there for active pickups, it's simply there to allow you to get at the electronics. If you don't have a control cavity cover then you'll have to remove the pickguard.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The cover isn't there for active pickups, it's simply there to allow you to get at the electronics. If you don't have a control cavity cover then you'll have to remove the pickguard.

The Ibanez S520ex doesn't have a pickguard
I thought the pickups on that guitar were passive...

EDIT: I stand corrected, Ibanez never made Active Infinities pickups...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
The Ibanez S520ex doesn't have a pickguard

And exactly how were we supposed to know what kind of guitar you have? If you want a proper answer then ask a proper question...you didn't say what guitar you have or whether you even know if it has active pickups, for all I know you could just be thiking about installing them in the future, in fact I still don't know exactly what it is you want to know.

If you have a guitar with a trem you'll have two covers on the back, one for the trem springs and one for the control cavity. If you've got a fixed bridge then you'll only have one cover and it'll be for the control cavity.

Unless you have a pickguard, in which case there'll be no control cavity cover.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 9, 2008,