Page 1 of 2
Well every now and then my friends call me a Hardcore/Emo fag and I look at them like what? I know they're talking about music but I dont even know any hardcore bands. I dont pay attention to the genres and crap. Mabey just Nu-Metal and thrash metal.

List of some of the bands I listen to
Job for a Cowboy
The Human Abstract-crazy guitarists
In This Moment
Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold
Ozzy
BLack Label
Korn
Atreyu
Foo Fighters
Pantera
Metallica
Slayer
The Black Dahlia Murder
Trivium
Van Halen
RHCP
Burning The Masses-like Job for a Cowboy
Children of Bodom
Killswitch Engage

So am I a Hardcore/Emo fag? That question sucks! I know Im not.
Quote by Jako215
So am I a Hardcore/Emo fag? ... I know Im not.

I believe you just answered your own question.
No way. You're a (nu) metal fag
██████████████████████████████
Cause you dress like one maybe, and I also doubt they're good friends if they call you a fag.
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Quote by Jako215
Well every now and then my friends call me a Hardcore/Emo fag and I look at them like what? I know they're talking about music but I dont even know any hardcore bands. I dont pay attention to the genres and crap. Mabey just Nu-Metal and thrash metal.

List of some of the bands I listen to
Job for a Cowboy
The Human Abstract-crazy guitarists
In This Moment
Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold

Ozzy
BLack Label
Korn
Atreyu
Foo Fighters
Pantera
Metallica
Slayer
The Black Dahlia Murder
Trivium
Van Halen
RHCP
Burning The Masses-like Job for a Cowboy
Children of Bodom
Killswitch Engage

Listening to this will get you labeled 'Emo', yes.
If you know you're not then why do you care what they say? It's what you think about yourself that matters most. maybe your friends just feel like messing with you. I would not let it bother me and just ignore it but that's just me.
Quote by Våd Hamster

Don't forget Job For A Cowboy.

Although I suppose that would go under the category of "hardcore"/"shitty wannabe death metal".

/rant
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by hoppusfan182
If you know you're not then why do you care what they say? It's what you think about yourself that matters most. maybe your friends just feel like messing with you. I would not let it bother me and just ignore it but that's just me.

Thats a cliche awnser. I live life to get a recaction so start grilling the poop out of me to get a laugh!

Well, some would say that complaining (read crying) about it here will prove that you actually are.
Do you have one of those arseways slanty fringes or wear skinny jeans, bright stripy hoodies etc.?
They tend to be the problem nowadays
ohai little sig.
Just kick them in the balls and laugh at their pain. I suggest doing this in a game of rock, paper, scissors. "rock, paper, sci-" *KICK*
Quote by Demonikk
Do you have one of those arseways slanty fringes or wear skinny jeans, bright stripy hoodies etc.?
They tend to be the problem nowadays

no im to fat for tight jeens it would make my legs look like a oil funnel. and I have a fro with a blond birthmark AND NO FAT JOKES IVE HEARD THEM ALL
what the hell are you people talking about

Job for a Cowboy
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu

EDIT: to me they are stereotyped as emo/hardcore
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by AngerIsAGift06 at Feb 8, 2008,
Quote by Våd Hamster
\

Atreyu I can kinde understand, but how the hell do you get emo out of Trivium, A7X, and Slipknot. Seriously

Slipknot = Alternative Metal

Trivium = Thrash

Avenged Sevenfold = Hard Rock, possibly Metal

You want further proof? Here is the wikipedia pages for these three bands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipknot_%28band%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivium_%28band%29

so please, think before you make a dumb comment. It saves a lot of us a lot of trouble in the end of having to prove you wrong.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
fenrir you legendary legend man

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai
Maybe there's a connection between intelligence and obesity? Hmmmmm...

Kefka of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by fenrir182
\

Atreyu I can kinde understand, but how the hell do you get emo out of Trivium, A7X, and Slipknot. Seriously

Trivium = Thrash

so please, think before you make a dumb comment. It saves a lot of us a lot of trouble in the end of having to prove you wrong.

why would you go as far as a wikipedia link to awnser my question?
Quote by Jako215
why would you go as far as a wikipedia link to awnser my question?

Yeah that's kinda mean
ohai little sig.
Job for a Cowboy
Killswitch Engage
I haven't met a wannabe-scene-kid that doesn't like them. So maybe that's why they think you're "emo"? Just ignore them, or better yet, get new friends!
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
It was directed at the guy who said Atreyu, A7X, Trivium, and Slipknot would get you labeled as emo. I was proving HIM wrong and backing up your case as to proving that your not emo in any sense of the word, I assume I don't know you in real life but from what I gathered nothing you listen too is emo and it seems you don't dress emo either
Quote by Ichikurosaki

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai

Kefka of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by fenrir182
It was directed at the guy who said Atreyu, A7X, Trivium, and Slipknot would get you labeled as emo. I was proving HIM wrong and backing up your case as to proving that your not emo in any sense of the word, I assume I don't know you in real life but from what I gathered nothing you listen too is emo and it seems you don't dress emo either

Because wikipedia is the untainted truth
Quote by fenrir182

He never said those bands were emo, he just said they could possibly get you labeled as being "emo." None of the bands in the original list are even close to being emo, but that term is thrown around a lot these days, and it's very often applied to some of those bands.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
^what he said

So read my post next time fenrir, and go back to your corner and cry
I wouldn't call you a hardcore/emo fag, but I'd suggest you check out some other bands, That list is stale.
funny, people call me an 'old fag' because i listen to 80's thrash and early death metal. they listen to metalcore and nu-metal, but whenever i try to pay out slipknot, they just say "better than your gay ass maiden or slayer, old fag!" i feel sorry for them
Quote by dio_dude
funny, people call me an 'old fag' because i listen to 80's thrash and early death metal. they listen to metalcore and nu-metal, but whenever i try to pay out slipknot, they just say "better than your gay ass maiden or slayer, old fag!" i feel sorry for them

I feel sorry for all of you.
Quote by fenrir182
\

Trivium = Thrash

And since when is Wikipedia a reliable source? As far as I know, an A7X "tru fan" would classify them as death metal and write an article.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by dio_dude

hahaha I like all those bands to. Your not an old fag
Quote by dio_dude

I quite like Slipknot, but Maiden ride their asses into oblivion. Slayer, not so much. I'd go as far as to say I prefer Slipknot over Slayer.
Quote by metal4life592
He never said those bands were emo, he just said they could possibly get you labeled as being "emo." None of the bands in the original list are even close to being emo, but that term is thrown around a lot these days, and it's very often applied to some of those bands.

Yes, but there is a difference between saying the following;

"Listening to these bands will you get labeled as "Emo" yes."

"Listening to these bands might get you labeled as "Emo"

Also, if you have a more accurate site to get information other than wikipedia, please share it.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jako215
hahaha who are you talking to VAD MASTER

*facepalm*

You're really trying hard to prove you're not emo huh?
Quote by metal4life592

Exactly.

I've been called 'emo' simply because I have long hair. Lots of people in the mainstream are somewhat ignorant when it comes to labels such as emo.

As long as you're wearing something black or if your hair is a little long, you're vulnerable to having that word thrown at you.
Page 1 of 2