I just got an Epi LP standard. The B is going out of tune fairly often. When I tune it back up, it makes a strange clicking sort of sound which is hard to explain, but it is like B is muted and clicks.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
your tuner may need to be replaced to explain the going out of tune problem but so explain the b string problem, have you made sure you're not palm muting?
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

could be a machine head fault

change the B machine head with th E machine head and then restring/tune up and if the e starts doing the symptoms same as befoe, then you can condemn the machine head
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
Yeah I'm not touching the guitar. When I turn the tuner back up it makes a click and the B strings rings but the sound is very muted. It only happens when it goes out of tune by itself.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
definitely sounds like string slippage on your tuner. That's whats causing those clicks. It happens a lot with the B and E string tuners.

Before replacing the tuner(which isn't that expensive) check to make sure that your string is properly winded onto the tuner. Also maybe try a new string just to make sure.

EDIT: oh yeah, another thing you can try, after tuning up stretch the string up and down, maybe about 2-3inches off the fretboard to check for slippage. Good luck.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Last edited by KryptNet at Feb 8, 2008,
Cheers
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey