I am having a test on stuff that we did earlier in the year and a question came up that i forget the formula for its basic stuff but i forgot.

A 2.2 kilogram object gets pulled by a 50 newton force for 4 meters what is the work?

Thanks
Gear:
Epi les paul custom white
Fender hot rod deluxe
Jimi Hendrix wah
EHX big muff pi
Boss DS-1
Monster cables
Bump
Gear:
Fender hot rod deluxe
Jimi Hendrix wah
EHX big muff pi
Boss DS-1
Monster cables
doesnt w=fd?

50 x 4 =
200j?
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
i dont think so because its not an option on the multiple choice and you didnt put any force in w=fd
Gear:
Fender hot rod deluxe
Jimi Hendrix wah
EHX big muff pi
Boss DS-1
Monster cables
Work = Force*Distance (W=Fd)
So... 50N*4m= 200N*m (or joules)

Oh yeah, like what the guy said above me.

That should be right, unless you need to take friction into account.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by hendrixyongpage
I am having a test on stuff that we did earlier in the year and a question came up that i forget the formula for its basic stuff but i forgot.

A 2.2 kilogram object gets pulled by a 50 newton force for 4 meters what is the work?

Thanks

either fish or potato, im actually struggling on this too.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke

Let me explain. The question says the object is being pulled 4 meters, which means that the movement his horizontal. Work is only done if the object moves vertically.
Work is done by all forces, horizontal or vertical, and mass doesn't matter if you know the force and distance.

W=Fd=200J

Your multiple choice answers must be wrong, unless there is something you ain't telling us........
UNLEASH THE F0CKING BURGERS!!

10/2007 - Westfield B4000
10/2007 - Meridian SKAK20BA
01/2008 - Ibanez SR 506
02/2008 - Hughes & Kettner BK 200
Quote by master
Let me explain. The question says the object is being pulled 4 meters, which means that the movement his horizontal. Work is only done if the object moves vertically.

Work is done when something generally moves. doesn't matter which direction
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by master

No, work is only done when a force on an object acts in the direction that said object is moving. Eg. If you are carrying a box around, but it is staying in the same place while you move, then no work is being done. This is because the force exerted on the box is vertical (lifting up), while the direction the box is moving in when you walk around is horizontal.

However if a box is being pushed/pulled, then the force is acting on the box in the same direction that it is moving, therefore work is being done.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by Blackballed
No, work is only done when a force on an object acts in the direction that said object is moving. Eg. If you are carrying a box around, but it is staying in the same place while you move, then no work is being done. This is because the force exerted on the box is vertical (lifting up), while the direction the box is moving in when you walk around is horizontal.

However if a box is being pushed/pulled, then the force is acting on the box in the same direction that it is moving, therefore work is being done.

Yeah you guys are right. I mixed it all up with potential energy I think.