is this possible, because of how wierd the les paul bridges are? and how would one go about in doing this if it is?
www.stetsbar.com

unless you wanted a floyd rose type, in which case youd need to route it.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
i think you'd have to cut into the body dawg. depending on what kinda bridge is already on it. if the strings go in through the back of the body then you'd have to do all kinds of ****. dont waste yer time bro.
im one of those guys who names their guitars.. thats love..
-jakee $tone
Well the head of the les paul is designed for sustain rather than staying in tune, unlike the standard strat headstock.

So, by adding a whammy bar one or more of these MIGHT happen:
1)You could kill the sustain
2)You'd have to tune and retune all the time
3)You'll make your guitar look horrible because of all the extra crap you'd have to do
4)You'd completely nullify the advantage of the Les Paul's headstock and fixed-bridge design.

If you really want a whammy bar, get a stetsbar. Otherwise, stick with a whammy pedal.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
The guy from def leppard had a floyd on his LP i think, in the video where they demolish the building, and a few live vids ive seen.
And There was a white studio released a little while back with one.
So it cant kill it THAT much.
and you wouldnt have to tune that often, I dont see any reason why a locking nut couldnt be put on a LP.
kk i'm not to sure anymore. It's just that i hate the sound of a strat and dont want one. If someone could reccomend a guitar with the same tone as a les paul that has a whammy bar i would appreciate it.
Quote by skweezmylemon
perhaps a bigsby?

+1
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Not exactly sure as ive never looked into the makes that much but PRS or Musicman might be an option, the musicmans are really expensive, but Jaret from BFS said they give him Les paul tone with strat feel and weight etc. Never going to be the same but yeah PRS might be close.

Someone could definatly help you more than this :P
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
The guy from def leppard had a floyd on his LP i think, in the video where they demolish the building, and a few live vids ive seen.
And There was a white studio released a little while back with one.
So it cant kill it THAT much.
and you wouldnt have to tune that often, I dont see any reason why a locking nut couldnt be put on a LP.

yeah neil schon has one too. A few things are changed tho
the headstock is more like that of a strat so that it can hold tuning stability and i belive its a flat top so that the floyd can be in line with the body

but me thinks that you should leave your paul how it is. the novelty of a floyd will ware off and you will wish you never did it. but i know how you fell ive always wanted a guitar with a floyd
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
Try searching for the Floyd Rose for a les paul that doesnt require routing. (If you can find one)
bigsby whammy bars are pretty good, a lot of nice, expensive guitars have like the black beauty and the joe perry custom lp
just don't expect to divebomb with a bigsby
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
just don't expect to divebomb with a bigsby

IF you are going to buy a bigsby understand this, it is a vibrato arm NOT a tremolo arm, it is built for vibrato more than anything, the amount of tonal change you get is lower than you think.
learn how to whammy without a whammy
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"