I've been playing an alto saxophone for about five years, so I know some things about music.

What I don't know about is guitars. I've never really played one but I'm looking to buy one to start with. I'm serious about learning to play.

I don't know the first thing about what a "good" guitar is. I do know that I want an Acoustic-Electric for 300 or less. I want something that is good for a beginner, however, I don't want to buy one that I'm going to out-do quickly. I've been looking at Ibanez AE20, Ibanez TCY10, and an Epiphone AJ200.?? I know a couple of those are more than 300, but I love good used stuff on ebay. lol

Some people have told me that I need something easy to fret?
I am so lost. Any info yall could give me would be greatly apperciated.
Thanks so much.
Last edited by the_blue_rider8 at Feb 8, 2008,
You need something HARD to fret dude. When you begin, you get the ****tiest guitar ever made, and then you buy a new one and you'l have all the proper techniques. LIke same thing in piano. Except you are still a Pianis.
Quote by Muphin
Maybe if the Jews were kind to Hitler the holocaust wouldn't have happened.

Hahaha
Applause manufactures good acoutic-electric guitars for cheap price
You need something HARD to fret dude. When you begin, you get the ****tiest guitar ever made, and then you buy a new one and you'l have all the proper techniques.

Rubbish.

I do know that I want an Acoustic-Electric for 300 or less. I want something that is good for a beginner, however, I don't want to buy one that I'm going to out-do quickly. I've been looking at Ibanez AE20, Ibanez TCY10, and an Epiphone AJ200.??

I unfortunately have no experience with any of these guitars, i will say though, that im not a fan of ibanez acoustics in any price range.
Id advise against an electric acoustic for under $300. In that price range they generally have low quality electronics. You're better off going for a standard acoustic. If you must have an electric acoustic then id recommend saving up at least another $100.

I don't know the first thing about what a "good" guitar is.

At this price a solid top is a must have. If you know anyone who has experience with acoustic guitars, take them to a store with you and try out as many as you can. In your price range, ive found Yamaha, Washburn, Alvarez and Takamine to be very reliable. Check out the best guitars under $300 thread stickied at the top of the page.
Last edited by tom183 at Feb 9, 2008,