I've got fret buzz on my Epi acoustic, and here's why:

because its got a fret right after the nut. I've had the action raised before to stop the buzz, but when my g string started buzzing I realized that there was another fret there. How should I combat this? the action is already really high so i dont want to make that any higher. Should I get rid of the fret?
Well, I don't see a reason for that fret there, I mean... I've never seen a guitar with one there, just get rid of it I don't see a real purpose it could serve.
what would it cost to get rid of do you reckon? i dont wanna do it myself because it was my grandfathers guitar and i dont wanna **** it up
Your problem is the nut slot is too high. You need to file the slot deeper so the string makes solid contact with the zero fret. The zero fret it the one right in front of the nut. This zero fret should be a little higher then the first fret allowing sufficient clearance for the note tone ring clear.
oh ok. does that mean that i should have my action put down again (i had it put up for this very problem, and now its pretty high)
ok, wow... some bad information here. listen to styles music. you don't need to get rid of your zero fret. the zero fret functions exactly as he said it does. and yeah you most likely need to lower your action at the nut to fix your problem. how did you raise the action to begin with? did you raise it at the nut or saddle?
well ive just had it sent in (my mum sent it in) and they said they were gonna make the nut higher.......i wasnt there

and i dunno what they did last time to raise the action sorry
i dunno, thats what my mum told me and shes a noob so they might be doing the opposite. i trust him hes done good before
hahaha "shes a noob"

anyway, hopefully it gets worked out for ya.
well ive just had it sent in (my mum sent it in) and they said they were gonna make the nut higher.......i wasnt there

Don't take it back there, they don't know what they're doing. As explained above, that's a zero fret, it does the job a nut usually does to set the string height at that end of the fretboard. The nut itself only acts as a string spacer. With this setup the nut slots are cut low enough to let the zero fret act as a nut, while the nut keeps the string spacing right. It also gets a brighter tone and more sustain. Whoever raised the nut to clear the zero fret is an idiot. Don't let the guy touch it again.

If you raise the nut to get the strings off the zero fret, the intonation will go out the window and the action will really suck. Get the guitar to a tech that knows how to deal with a zero fret, it should be slightly higher than the rest of the frets, just enough to give you .007-.010 string clearance on the first couple of frets. I had an Epiphone FT 130 years ago, I loved it because it played great. It also had an adjustable bridge, to set the action so I could set it to play as well as any electric and the zero fret helped it get really good action and great sustain. It was stolen in Austin Texas in about 1989 or so.

Get the guitar to a tech that knows what he's doing.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
^-- i'm going to have to agree. it doesn't sound like the guy has "done good before" to me. it sounds like he raised your action before to try to fix the problem and he's going to do it again.
I'll get back in a little while after they're done, I don't actually know what they are doing they could be making the nut lower, like I said the only info I've got on it is what my mum told me. If whatever they're doing doesn't work, then they can change it back to what it was and I'll get it to another guitar tech.