Ok so i have a weird problem with my floyd rose. Whenever i divebomb and then come back up to regular the strings always get out of tune by about a wholestep, same goes for whenever i yank the bar to tighten the strings the strings go out of tune upwards by about a wholestep. It doesnt really make sense to me.
do you lock the top nut? they have to be relatively tight and also check the back locking thing too
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Peavey Valveking halfstack
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
i got guitar hero 3, but without the controller.......my moms IQ is below 60.
Quote by JacksonRR3man
do you lock the top nut? they have to be relatively tight and also check the back locking thing too

Its not that, both are tight
are your strings stretched?
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
Quote by JacksonRR3man
are your strings stretched?

if it was a stretching problem the would only loosen not tighten
oh my bad I misread...... well then maybe its catching on something i don't know what though.... wow this is a good one
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
Quote by JacksonRR3man
oh my bad I misread...... well then maybe its catching on something i don't know what though.... wow this is a good one

Heh, thats why i posted it here. It doesnt really make sense. The strings shouldnt get tighter, or loosen. Ive checked and rechecked the screws and such and all are tight
Same thing happens to me whenever I to bends behind the nut(no put intended) I always wondered why this keeps hapening
it's either not set up properly or you have a POS knock off thats worn out anf needs to be replaced.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by ECistheBest
lubricate your nut.

I lol'd dude. What do you suggest? Because Till I get my MIM strat I have to live with my guitars, Don't really want to spend any money at the moment, saving up
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it's either not set up properly or you have a POS knock off thats worn out anf needs to be replaced.

It may be that it just sucks because when i bought it (a few months ago) the guitar was almost brand new (it bought it used), it still had all the plastic that covers it. Here is a picture

Lubing the nut on the Floyd has no affect. Think logically; the strings are immobile there, so graphite won't help. TS, it sounds like your knife edges are already shot. Time for an OFR.
Ok so i inspected it further and i figured it out. The trem claw was installed weird, the screws are at an angle which makes weird tension. It was my mistake to loosen some of the screws so that i could make the trem leveled, because that caused the springs to loose basically all of the tension so whenever i tried to yank it up the springs were already loose so it could not be loosened more so it basically caused the spring to curve a little and it would get stuck like that. Also when i would pull the trem down it would stretch the springs but when it would go back since there was so little tension it would just stay completely loose. So now i either need to fix the trem claw and put new screws correctly or get shorter springs. Any suggestions on which would be more easier? Im guessing shorter springs but i dont know if that will affect the trem.