I think that we all know that forums on music-based websites (I'm mainly thinking PureVolume & UG.. but I doubt they're the only ones) are full of arrogant bastards? I mean i'm not saying i'm not one; I may think i'm not, but if someone were to mention a well-respected metal band that I don't like, I guess I like anyone else would rip the **** out of them, but why is everyone an asshole about everyone else's taste in music? I don't understand how it becomes so much of a more drastic thing full of total hate as soon as you hit a forum! XD
Because you all have crappy music taste!!!11!

*shakes fist*
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Because you're all angsty teen emo whiners.

And that gives me the right to be arrogant.

Because i'm better than you.

someone makes a bitchy comment about a band, someone takes offense and retaliates and downward spiral from there.

It's like a basic principle of the internet. Just replace the word band with *anything*
I think everyone relies on the fact that theyre hiding behind a keyboard, and not saying it to a persons face.
it's not my fault led zeppelin is 50 million times better then fall out faggorgz.

I feel the need to flaunt my obvious superiority by name-dropping obscure musicians like Keith Rowe and Nate Young.
you see it all comes back to:
John Gabriel's Greater Internet Dickwad Theory

Normal person

+
Massive Audience
+
Anonymity
=
Total Dickwad
Quote by Unforgotten
where bored.

It's ' we're ' you peice of **** ! I hate you! Bullet for my valentine sucks!
two and a half men.
Quote by 1339
I think that we all know that forums on music-based websites (I'm mainly thinking PureVolume & UG.. but I doubt they're the only ones) are full of arrogant bastards? I mean i'm not saying i'm not one; I may think i'm not, but if someone were to mention a well-respected metal band that I don't like, I guess I like anyone else would rip the **** out of them, but why is everyone an asshole about everyone else's taste in music? I don't understand how it becomes so much of a more drastic thing full of total hate as soon as you hit a forum! XD

**** you you ****ing faggot!!! you dont know **** about what your talkin about!!! this forums not filled with assholes!!!

just kiddin.

Theres assholes EVERYWHERE. They populate the earth like an undying epidemic. Especially on the internet. Every forum has assholes, UG, Guitarworld, Purevolume, Ozzfest. You should see the punk forum here. Some guy (i think it was Brian Apocolypse) was giving me **** because i meantioned the Ramones in a punk discussion and according to him the Ramones were not punk and had nothing to do with punk the worst is youtube. Almost every video is filled with comments of "**** you you dried up piece of **** go kill yourself." and man look at how critical they are of guitar videos "you suck learn how to play! unless you can play exactly like rhandy rhoades note for note than dont even post anything" I did an experiment on youtube. I went on some music videos for bands i didnt like and a video of a guy saying the Beatles suck (he deserved it) and just typed simple stuff like "this video sucks" or "Fall out boy sucks" about a couple days later i got about 9 messages from people with tricked out profiles writing long messages saying "**** you whats wrong with you go kill yourself etc"

but yea the internet is filled with assholes, fake and real, dont let it get you down, you will probably get laid before them.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
its SEEK AND DESTROY the bands you hate to have a high sense about yourself