Anyone have any experience with these? After buying a bunch of cheap guitars i want to sell them all and buy one nice one to go with my rhoads so I've had my eye on this for a while. What are your likes and dislikes? Im probably going to get the one in vintage black or see through black cherry, OR maybe save up a little more for the will adler sig, and is it even worth it?
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Peavey Valveking halfstack
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
i got guitar hero 3, but without the controller.......my moms IQ is below 60.
Personally i would go with an MH-1000. your rhoads assumably would only have 22 frets. If you get the EC you'll again only have 22 frets. Therefor in buying the Mh instead you would be getting more for your money.

The guitar itself is very good. I've heard nothing but praises from the 1000 series and my friend has one, they're great.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
but i like the 22 frets, and the feel of my rhoads. its not the rhoads im trying to get away from its all the other guitars in my sig.
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
I realise that but i feel that it would do you better to go with an MH but, its up to you.

Regardless, you cant go wrong with a 1000 series LTD. They're very good quality.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
Personally i would go with an MH-1000. your rhoads assumably would only have 22 frets. If you get the EC you'll again only have 22 frets. Therefor in buying the Mh instead you would be getting more for your money.

The guitar itself is very good. I've heard nothing but praises from the 1000 series and my friend has one, they're great.

wrong, it has 24 frets

I have one (the cherry sunburst one with EMG's) and it owns major ass. The EMG set is a good one (81/60, not the basic 81/85). The whole guitar is beautiful, perfectly set up, plays real well, and has lots of nice features (locking tuners, compensated nut, some special bridge i believe, etc.)
i have an esp/ltd ec-1000 in see thru BC with the emg's. i love this guitar, it does have 24 frets not 22, and the guitar just sounds awesome i really cant say enough about it. to be completely honest with you i have yet to find a dislike with this guitar and i even have a $2500 jackson pc-1 guitar and would still use the ec-1000 as a main guitar first.
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by .arkness:.
I realise that but i feel that it would do you better to go with an MH but, its up to you.

Regardless, you cant go wrong with a 1000 series LTD. They're very good quality.

Yeah but im also trying to stay away from the floyd roses too, they are fun and all just a pain to maintenence
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
I own a ltd ec 1000 in vintage black. I love it. Plays very fast and the neck is thinner than my shecter which is nice. The one thing i am interested to see is how the finish will hold up. I have a small "grease?" spot where my hand rests and i used the dunlop formula to clean it. It still shows a little bit though. Aside from that i love it. quality hardware, good action,great pickups, and the weight of the guitar seems well balanced. i got mine for $750 which was a reasonable price i thought.
Current Gear

ESP Ltd EC 1000
Schecter C1 FR

Jackson Dinky
Crap Acoustic
Crate Excalibur GX2200H
4x12cab