Basically I've been in a ranting mood all night. My mate came onto msn (he's also the other guitarist in my band) and we were discussing pickups and he said "get the Evo because herman li uses it in the same guitar as yours so it must be good" at which point I ranted at him about how just because Mr X uses X device doesn't neccersarily mean that X setup is always going to be good. Now I like the Evo, and probably will get it but that isn't the point, it was the way in which he said it. I said to him "that's like saying all Marshalls are good because Slash and Jimmy Page use Marshalls", he responded with "but all Marshalls are good, I don't know why you didn't like your stack" so I went on at him for about half an hour about how MGs aren't Marshalls, they are just a logo on the front with a stupidly big price tag (all bearing in mind he has an MG halfstack aswell) then I eventually finish, he said ok then logged off.

Me thinks I went too far, but someone had to tell him I guess.
Btw I know this thread is pointless but just felt like posting something, not allot to do at 2:30am.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Ok, this might be in the wrong forum... or outright spam... but I'll let it slide since you have a JCM 900.

Moral of the story... don't lose it. And why do you still have that halfstack? Haven't you tried to sell it?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Tell him to join UG. He'll be anti- MG and Dragonforce in no time.

that^^
Quote by Sendrith
Ok, this might be in the wrong forum... or outright spam... but I'll let it slide since you have a JCM 900.

Moral of the story... don't lose it. And why do you still have that halfstack? Haven't you tried to sell it?

I've been trying to get rid of the damn thing for months. Everytime someone emails saying they are interested I email back saying yes it is available etc and never hear from them again lol. Maybe they all come on here.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by Russian1
if you know why marshalls MGs suck so bad then whyt he EFF do you own 2 MG's

Maybe because he bought them when he was a n00b? We all did stupid stuff like that. Personally, I played a Gibson SG through a Roland Cube 15 for about a year and a half.
Quote by Russian1
if you know why marshalls MGs suck so bad then whyt he EFF do you own 2 MG's

The 15 was my first ever amp, and now my sister uses it because she just started learning guitar. The halfstack I got screwed on (along with everyone else) didn't realise how bad it was until I got it home and had a chance to really try it out. I tried taking it back but they wouldn't take it back, so I got stuck with it.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Maybe because he bought them when he was a n00b? We all did stupid stuff like that.

Exactly
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
i posted here when i first started guitar before i made an amp purchase. i got excited that a marshall was so cheap only to LOL at its corpse when i found out the lies
Use it as trade-in when you go to buy that JS1000?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
Use it as trade-in when you go to buy that JS1000?

After I tried taking it back, I went around every guitar shop in the city and asked if they would take it as a trade-in for another amp but everywhere I went they were all saying that they wern't taking them because they were all trying to sell the ones they already had and were struggling. (not enough numpties like myself at the time I guess) I could try again I spose but I highly doubt anywhere will take it.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
lol if that guy came on here, he would be a walking flaming pit, seriosuly if he came on here and stated all that he would be ripped apart like a bunny. but you are right, he needs to think for himself, dont try to persude people if they wanna think that way its fine, if its really affecting you then say something if not then dont.