So I'm trying to set up my bass and I saw in the FAQ that a good neck relief leaves '0.3-0.5mm'. Now I'm an american so I'm kind of lost here. A centimeter is like about this big, right: [------] (at least on my screen). A millimeter would be a 10th of that, right? So it would be about the size of a dash? So how am I suppose to measure increments that small, in 10ths of a mm? Right now it looks like it must be at at least 1mm, but any smaller than that and I can't tell.
use a ruler?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If it any use there are 25.4 mm to an inch.... so you acan convert if that's more comfortable to you.... I don't mean to patronize if you already know that.
Good luck
[
If you can get access to an old set of guitar strings, the relief should be about the thickness of a b or g string. Or about 1/32nd of an inch.

But a millimetre of relief isn't that much of a problem.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I've got a ruler and it measures mm's, but nothing smaller. honestly, i don't see how my eye could pick out anything smaller.
Just eye it if you have no way of measuring anything smaller than a millimetre. Or you can find two of something that combined have a thickness of a millimetre, and then use one to measure. A credit card or driver's license may be close to the right thickness. A piece of paper folded in half is also about that thickness.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club