Cool. Now record it and put it on your profile, so we can put you down.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Ahh.. that was a good fap.

I can now retire my dick for the night feeling accomplished.

On topic: Nobody really cares that much. There are more difficult pieces than Orion.
ya, and i'm god himself
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
^Yeah, I can play Orion on bass. It's not that hard.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Våd Hamster

I can now retire my care-o-meter for the night feeling accomplished.

My, there are some bitches on here....
[
Quote by Saintsatan
There are more difficult pieces than Orion.

theres always gonna be "harder" songs, but Orion is AMAZING and theres nothing thats alot better (in a metal bass song at least)
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
if your just started playing in recent time, thats awesome...

I haven't heard the song in a couple of months... the solo's pretty slow isn't it?
Quote by BluesLP1990
jesus, you kids are assholes.

congratulations mate!

no i just don't care. i could have said something negative but i decided to just tell him that this thread is useless.
We're on UG on friday night.

We got nothing else to do but be assholes

Although I still don't care >_>
Quote by ChaoticVengence
theres always gonna be "harder" songs, but Orion is AMAZING and theres nothing thats alot better (in a metal bass song at least)

There are lots of good bass parts in metal songs. Lots that are better than Orion too. You just have to look. Necrophagist has some pretty cool bass licks, and Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse can sure rip the bass.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
if your just started playing in recent time, thats awesome...

I haven't heard the song in a couple of months... the solo's pretty slow isn't it?

Not really

@ TS : Nice one dude
Up The Boro!
By "mastered" you mean you just finished learning how to play a half-assed attempt of the whole song, right?

Sorry, I don't mean to offend, but that's just how I see the kids that claim to have mastered Metallica pieces.
Good for you.

Why does everyone feel the need to post useless threads? Don't get me wrong, mastering Orion on bass is an accomplishment, but it does nothing but suck up bandwidth. Here's my opinion:

Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Theres a number of responses possible. Theres #1: Cynical, sarcastic remarks ie. "The care-o meter". Or #2: The Good natured, but ultimately useless and boring comments "Nice job mate I'm playing castles made of sand". Seriously THUP. What would you like people to say? Good job? What an interesting thread. THUP.
Question...sorta off topic, yet relevant

As for the orion solo, is the solo at 6:35 bass or guitar. It really sounds like guitar to me, yet I've seen so many tabs for it as a bass solo...
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.