I am a guitarist, decent, been playing for 3 years, I like santana a lot, i play quite a few santana songs on the guitar. I wanted to team up with a friend of mine who plays guitar, know nothing about timing, yet for the song fear of the dark wanted to have lead guitar parts, I refused and told him he needs to play chords and backgrounds, i guess he didnt like that and i just old him adios today and let him go. Looking through yahoo answers i see him posting a question about him having a drummer, guitarist, keyboardist and a bass player and wanting to play a song. THIS MADE ME OUTRAGEOUSLY PISSED. He cant just come and steal my drummer and play, hes suge a ****er sorry for my language but i am outraged. I am guessing he wants to compete with me but i want to ****ing get his throught and choke him. LIKE he has no right to do that. I wanted to know of a good song to play at my schools battle of the bands. I personally love love love santana, but am worried about not having a rhythm guitar and leaving it to the keyboards, would it sound good, with the keyboards doing the rhythm. Also, i am worried the songs like europa and santana songs seem to easy on the guitar. Its usually those heavy metal songs that get the crowd involved. Like i want to prove to the crowd i am a good guitarist becuase last year i was a disaster. Like tips, personal experience, song recommendations all appreciated.

thank you
play a santana song, and in the middle play chris brodericks entry for guitar world's betcha cant play this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xkpZ645ztl0

impressive enough?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ok?

I think you may be in the wrong forum...
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!