Yes, I just learnt the solo for Bohemian Rhapsody right before the opera part

I'm pretty happy with myself since I learnt it on a les paul where it's harder to play higher frets and I've only been playing for 1 year

Feel free to post any accomplishments that you have made like learning a solo or something
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
cool man, congrats. I learned it a while back but I forgot it... damn I need to look it up again, I love that solo.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ahh yeah, thats a pretty awesome solo. Can't remember if i ever bothered to learn it but.

I think probably my greatest accomplishment to date was learning Nothing Else Matters from start to finish. Not because its very difficult but because it was the first song i learnt and one of the songs that inspired me to learn the guitar
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
I've been listening to alot of Oasis lately, so I learned Live Forever just a few hours ago.
That's a delightful solo. Get sustain pouring out of your ass and it will sound like Brian May.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Thats awesome. I've been focusing mainly on progessive metal lately, but I think it would be a fun distraction from trying to learn sweep picking to learn a classic solo like that.

But about my achievements, I think my favorite was learning Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria. Such an amazing solo, and it was the first one I learned.
Member #16 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join
Last edited by C&C Magik at Feb 8, 2008,
sweet my achievement was a couple months back learning my fist awsome solo which was settle for nothing by rage against the machine
i think my biggest thing was when i was playin for about a year and a half, i learned Bat Country start to finish, and its cool cuz thats what i made me want to play guitar. either that, or about a month or so ago i learned Right Side of the Bed by Atreyu start to finish
My Gear:
'94 Ibanez RX20
'88 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Frontman 25w Practice Amp
'78-85 Stage 65W Combo Amp
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff and Small Clone
Boss Digital Delay and Floor Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by C&C Magik
Thats awesome. I've been focusing mainly on progessive metal lately, but I think it would be a fun distraction from trying to learn sweep picking to learn a classic solo like that.

But about my achievements, I think my favorite was learning Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria. Such an amazing solo, and it was the first one I learned.

Yeah, I usally play Iron Maiden stuff but playing classic solos and songs like that are pretty cool to learn
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

I heart that solo... it's cheesy... but epic. It's easier then it sounds too.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Learnt In the Presence of Enemies Part 1 by Dream Theater, apart from the little shred solo at the end (which im learning now). Im damn happy with myself.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Bushinarin
I heart that solo... it's cheesy... but epic. It's easier then it sounds too.

Too True, it would be great to show off to my guitar teacher

He actually dosn't just play the guitar parts, he transcribed the opera part on guitar and all and he told me I won't be playing Bohemian Rhapsody in whole for another 7 years but you never know...
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by Dimster Ds
Too True, it would be great to show off to my guitar teacher

He actually dosn't just play the guitar parts, he transcribed the opera part on guitar and all and he told me I won't be playing Bohemian Rhapsody in whole for another 7 years but you never know...

He honestly said that? What an asshole. To be honest with you it's extremely easy except for a couple seconds in the solo.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
He honestly said that? What an asshole. To be honest with you it's extremely easy except for a couple seconds in the solo.

Nah, he wasn't an asshole, he said the solos are easy except the opera parts he was referring to, but it dosn't really need to have the guitar played at that bit, and he isn't an idiot, he is like the opposite, my old guitar teacher was an asshole
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu