http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-212-Combo-2x12-Guitar-Amp?sku=481433

I've heard good things, I've played it, and it's great for the tone I'm looking for. Just wondering if anyone has any last minute throw-ins, possibly indecisions about the combo model, and if I should save up for more the cab and head. Any thoughts or concerns before spending my cash would be great =] thanks
If you need cleans, don't. If play metal and don't need cleans, get it.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
I don't need cleans too often, and when I do, the closest thing I use to a clean is honestly more of a progressive rock/metal tone with one of those more atmospheric, almost eerie, type of tones, you know what I'm saying? You think it could pull those off, or need me to find an example of what I'm talking about?
What makes something sound eerie is the notes you use.

And cleans from the 6505 aren't really usable. Great for metal though.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
I'm not sure how to explain exactly what I mean. I mean, I can make eerie riffs with my electric without it plugged in at all, but I mean will it be able to do well with cleaner delays, reverb, flange, phaser, etc.?
Quote by Vale_Deo
I'm not sure how to explain exactly what I mean. I mean, I can make eerie riffs with my electric without it plugged in at all, but I mean will it be able to do well with cleaner delays, reverb, flange, phaser, etc.?

try a chorus pedal to get that eerie, spacey sound
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100