OK i'm new to the guitar thing. i tried it back in like 10th grade but i wasn't so fat back then.

make it plain and simple, i'm a fat guy with short, fat fingers. strats like the squier and stuff like that are not comfortable, and its hard for me to hit the top string.

i have these 2 guitars in mind (keep opinions to self about quality, etc.. please):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Pacer-FT202S-Electric-Guitar?sku=515312

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRX20-Electric-Guitar?sku=519417

i know the both have slim necks, but will they help with my problem?

i'm kinda leaning twords the kramer, anyone know about the neck dimensions?

thanks in advance.
I dont know sheeit about neck dimensions, but i do have a friend whos a "fat-guy with short fingers" and he plays stuff like Lamb Of God. I really think you just need to practice man.
dude best bet a esp or bc rich bexause of wider necks or a sg
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Yeah, I'm a "fat guy with short, fat fingers" also and I find that a guitar with a thin neck is harder to play than a Les Paul or SG neck. Les Paul and SG necks aren't too thin, but they aren't as wide as a Strat's neck. They're kind of in between, just perfect for me.

I also find Strats kinda hard to grasp (with the wide neck and all) but I can't seem to get my fingering right on an Ibanez neck......there's not enough room!!!

I guess what I'm saying is that you should go to a shop and try out different necks. See which ones you like more.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Dimster Ds
Dude, I got a solution

Lose weight, bloody fat people these days not watching what they are eating and too lazy to do exersise

Newsflash Captain Douchebag, he didn't ask you for a solution to his weight problem, he asked you which guitar he should get to accommodate the distribution of his fingers.

Jackass.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Dimster Ds
Dude, I got a solution

Lose weight, bloody fat people these days not watching what they are eating and too lazy to do exersise

Look at the clever bastard being the big man over an internet forum... good job, I hope that comment made your day.

Hey threadstarter, do you have any guitar stores near you? Just try out stuff there to get an idea
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by mountaindewguy
OK i'm new to the guitar thing. i tried it back in like 10th grade but i wasn't so fat back then.

make it plain and simple, i'm a fat guy with short, fat fingers. strats like the squier and stuff like that are not comfortable, and its hard for me to hit the top string.

i have these 2 guitars in mind (keep opinions to self about quality, etc.. please):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Pacer-FT202S-Electric-Guitar?sku=515312

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRX20-Electric-Guitar?sku=519417

i know the both have slim necks, but will they help with my problem?

i'm kinda leaning twords the kramer, anyone know about the neck dimensions?

thanks in advance.

No doubt that should help, but also try to keep your thumb planted on the back of the neck. Not wrapped around it. Your fingers will reach farther around the fingerboard that way, so you can properly arch them.
yeah, back in high school when i kinda dinked around with guitars i had a squier i bought from a buddy for like 75 bucks.. it worked to my advantage after a while but still was a little large...

i do have a few guitar stores around, i just didn't know if someone had the same experience or anything like that.

anyways, thanks for the replies!

oh yeah, what about those cheap Dean guitars.. like the 100 dollar vendetta or Evo's? are the necks on those any smaller than a strat?

like i said, not looking for anything fancy, thanks again.