I want to get a tone like this band's guitar: http://www.myspace.com/ourfirstsummer ("Kick Me When I'm Down")

Any pointers?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
a squier and a marshall mg should do the trick!
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
Quote by anodetodrivebys

well, i know they used a Peavey Wolfgang and a Marshall JCM900, i just mean EQ-wise..
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
use your ear and try messing with the eq yourself. its always good to replicate what your ears hear.
lots of treble and mids roll the bass back to around 4 and use a single coil pickup in the bridge position.
Quote by burn the stars
lots of treble and mids roll the bass back to around 4 and use a single coil pickup in the bridge position.

this may sound like a dumb question, but how do single coils benefit to get that tone vs. double?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Quote by anodetodrivebys
My god, that just made my day.
Quote by anodetodrivebys

If a joke - kudos to you. If not - epic phail. Eq'wise use a lot of high-end and a fair bit of mids....hardly any bass at all.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.