Page 1 of 2
does anyone follow this theory.
i feel like dedicating my life to finding proof of it.
??
???
does anyone have any ideas?
pangaea only fit on the earth and whne it broke up it would have needed more place hense the earth might have expanded
Check out my music, if you please.
Quote by GuitaristXakk
pangaea only fit on the earth and whne it broke up it would have needed more place hense the earth might have expanded

I bow down to you GuitaristXakk
Things expand when they get hotter.
Earth is getting hotter thanks to global warming.
Thus the Earth should also be expanding.
Quote by Inertia//Creep
how the **** is it supposed to expand exactly?

Whale ****.
Quote by dougydtxranger

wtf, that is such bs. not everything expands when it gets hotter. do you get taller when it's hot out? no, you don't. the idea that the earth could expand is ridiculous. how does a planet just get bigger? because it felt like it? I don't think so.
Quote by dougydtxranger

That is a load of ****, there has been about a 1 degree of change in global temperature from that, and the atmosphere is a teeny tiny sliver compared to the size of the earth.
personally I think plate tectonics explain things way, way, way better
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by dougydtxranger

Do things like rocks really expand when they get hotter?

You can't just say "things" expand when they get hotter, I highly doubt it applies to everything.

Also, global warming has been going on since the industrial revolution, and while it did happen in previous ages, it hasn't been as extreme as it is now. I doubt the low levels of global warming that happened expanded the earth as there were also ice ages in between them. Therefore according to what you are basing this off of, heat = grow; cold = shrink. Overall I am pretty sure the earth didn't expand because Pangaea was surrounded by a **** ton of water. Just because it separated doesn't mean they had to make room for it, what the ****, there was already room in the first place.
I don't think pangea covered the whole earth...
theres also the rise of oceans to consider
plus ice doesn't expend when it gets hotter, it actually shrinks.
Quote by Spamwise
wtf, that is such bs. not everything expands when it gets hotter. do you get taller when it's hot out? no, you don't. the idea that the earth could expand is ridiculous. how does a planet just get bigger? because it felt like it? I don't think so.

yeah it was a joke. but it has truth. gas does expand when it gets hot, and so our atmosphere should be getting bigger. (or if it isn't, the pressure will increase until it forces expansion).
Quote by Toasty25000
That is a load of ****, there has been about a 1 degree of change in global temperature from that.

An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore would beg to differ.
Quote by deathpidgeon
An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore would beg to differ.

uh, that movie isn't a textbook or even scientific. more than a few scientists who believe in climate change boycotted that movie for erroneous information.
Quote by Spamwise
uh, that movie isn't a textbook or even scientific. more than a few scientists who believe in climate change boycotted that movie for erroneous information.

Industrial Revolution, ever heard of it?

No, there wasn't one of those before the last ice age. The industrial revolution is special, and caused a load of global warming. Who are these scientists, by the way? Probably some christian scientists knowing the intelligence of the pit.
Quote by Inertia//Creep

No, there wasn't one of those before the last ice age. The industrial revolution is special, and caused a load of global warming. Who are these scientists, by the way? Probably some christian scientists knowing the intelligence of the pit.

I do'nt remember. it was a while ago. They were advacators of global warming though, as am I. the industrial revolution didn't cause global warming. it was the continuous build up of Co2, methane, and other gases in the atmosphere. it's taken over a 150 years to get ot what it is now.
Quote by dougydtxranger
yeah it was a joke. but it has truth. gas does expand when it gets hot, and so our atmosphere should be getting bigger. (or if it isn't, the pressure will increase until it forces expansion).

The density of the atmosphere is near zero, especially above the troposphere. It does not need to "expand"
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by RPGoof
Christian scientists that say dinosaurs don't exist T_T
Nothing against the religion, some people are just stupid

That one VenomFangX guy on YouTube thinks the Earth is only 6000 years old.
Quote by Inertia//Creep

Word. but consider this:

youre being brainwashed.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by lateraluspiral
Word. but consider this:

youre being brainwashed.

wtf? how? i believe in global warming ffs
i always liked this theory. Earth was a rock, it got hotter so the inner rock melted (mantle and outer core) thus making the earth expand to hold all the magma
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by Spamwise
wtf? how? i believe in global warming ffs

uhhh.. i quoted Inertia//Creep.
Quote by lateraluspiral
Word. but consider this:

youre being brainwashed.

Why don't you go listen to Tool/NIN and take the lyrics seriously you dumb ****?

My god, I bet you are already doing it, LOL.
Quote by lateraluspiral
uhhh.. i quoted Inertia//Creep.

oh i thought you were saying "listen to him. you're being brainwashed"
Quote by Inertia//Creep
Why don't you go listen to Tool/NIN and take the lyrics seriously you dumb ****?

My god, I bet you are already doing it, LOL.

i dont listen to Nin and i made this name 3 fucking years ago.
its besides the point. you seem to have no better arguement

Quote by Inertia//Creep
LOL.

Quote by Inertia//Creep
LOL.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
the trendy global warming fad is really a load of ****.

http://www.nationalcenter.org/TSR032204.html

here is one refutation, among thousands....

emphasis on the major greenhouse gas.......drumroll? water vapor!

"Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?"

"Whaddya got?"

The reply is what you sound like to me.
Quote by Spamwise

Yes it does. Including you. And yes you do get taller as your body heats up. Not much but you do. To heat yourself up to a point that you could see an appreciable difference would kill you though.

And TS what is this "global expansion" you speak of. If it is in reference to global warming I don't think you will see any appreciable difference their either until it gets hot enough to kill us all.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by lateraluspiral
i dont listen to Nin and i made this name 3 ****ing years ago.
its besides the point. you seem to have no better arguement

How can I argue that I am being brainwashed? Did you just throw on a SOAD album and saw the first chance to talk about something they did?

Global warming isn't a ****ing trend you idiot, and I'll be happy when the caps melt just so I can come on here to show you how wrong you idiots are. Your argument was that I am being brainwashed, how so? How exactly are they using techniques that would brainwash someone? OH HURR THEY MAD A MUVIE THAT SEZ GLOBL WRMING EXSTS, U WER BRAINWASHT. You listened to a bunch of scientists that you can't even remember who they were exactly, and you still ****ing believe them.

Ironic.
Quote by Inertia//Creep
"Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?"

"Whaddya got?"

The reply is what you sound like to me.

how so? i'm simply trying to put down a ridiculous claim.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/Gipp/GippEssay8.html
this link is good for a few laughs.

ugh, this thread is getting off topic fast.....

My mind is going. I can feel it.
You listened to a bunch of scientists that you can't even remember who they were exactly, and you still ****ing believe them.

what teh hell? that was me. AND LIKE I SAID I BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING. i just don't take al gore as a reliable source.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
how so? i'm simply trying to put down a ridiculous claim.

Look at your god damn user name, you are the epitome of the rebellious teenage phase that everyone goes through in middle school. Please tell me you are in middle school, oh god please.

This anti global warming is just denying facts, I don't quite ****ing understand it, nor do I care to. In this case, ignorance is bliss, because you don't get why the earth will get ****ed up which may be good for you. Have fun basking (LITERALLY, because of global warming) in your inability to let go of pointless rebellion and ignorance. I care not to argue about something that is backed by actual proof, because then I would sound like I was reading something from a text book. Know why? Because it (global warming) will probably be written about in future text books.

What a stupid ****ing thread filled with morons who deny things just so they can say they deny it.
I don't think believing in global warming is a fad..it doesn't make you any more popular then those who don't believe in it.

I personally do believe in it, but that's not really the topic of this thread. I've actually never heard of this theory until now, but it sounds interesting.

And of course everything expands when it gets warmer. Even rocks, even ice...honestly : /
increase in temp causes particles to move around more, blah blah blah. Of course you leave a rock out in the sun, the effects on visible, but something still happens, not much, but something. And someone said ice shrinks when it gets warm...? ..it melts, that's the water molecules expanding, maybe they were thinking of when water gets cold, at 0 degrees, it expands instead of shrinking, that's why bodies of water don't freeze through and through...

/grade 9 chem
Quote by Spamwise
what teh hell? that was me. AND LIKE I SAID I BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING. i just don't take al gore as a reliable source.

He is a senator and is connected to the government, scientists are not, but they are sometimes funded by the government. The government knows more than the American public, therefore, since some scientists are the American public and you can't remember what sort of scientists these were, I'd pick Gore over them.

I also highly doubt government scientists would deny global warming when George W. Bush admitted it was happening. Many people in this thread are more stupid than the current president, and sadly that is not a good thing because he isn't the brightest bulb.
Quote by Inertia//Creep
How can I argue that I am being brainwashed? Did you just throw on a SOAD album and saw the first chance to talk about something they did?

Global warming isn't a ****ing trend you idiot, and I'll be happy when the caps melt just so I can come on here to show you how wrong you idiots are. Your argument was that I am being brainwashed, how so? How exactly are they using techniques that would brainwash someone? OH HURR THEY MAD A MUVIE THAT SEZ GLOBL WRMING EXSTS, U WER BRAINWASHT. You listened to a bunch of scientists that you can't even remember who they were exactly, and you still ****ing believe them.

Ironic.

1. You said "you listened to a bunch of scientist that you can't even remember who they were exactly". That has nothing to do with anything Ive stated. I didnt say I agree with anyone in this thread. Youre assuming things.

2. Youll be happy when the caps melt?

3. You said "global warming has been going on since the industrial revolution". I want you to prove that. Im going to be the asshole and make an assumption-- you cant. Just as no one can really disprove it.

4. Give me a list of scientists that YOU can remember to support your ideas. Remember their names, dont google search.

5. Soad, Tool, Nin have nothing to do with this. Mature arguments, yes?
Quote by Inertia//Creep
He is a senator and is connected to the government, scientists are not, but they are sometimes funded by the government. The government knows more than the American public, therefore, since some scientists are the American public and you can't remember what sort of scientists these were, I'd pick Gore over them.

I also highly doubt government scientists would deny global warming when George W. Bush admitted it was happening. Many people in this thread are more stupid than the current president, and sadly that is not a good thing because he isn't the brightest bulb.

hmm...the president is one of the heads of the government, yet he only now accepts it. and it was like when the movie had just come out 2 years ago. forgive me for not remembering everything.

and they werent denying global as i said 3 times. they were refuting charts gore presented
Quote by Inertia//Creep
Look at your god damn user name, you are the epitome of the rebellious teenage phase that everyone goes through in middle school. Please tell me you are in middle school, oh god please.

This anti global warming is just denying facts, I don't quite ****ing understand it, nor do I care to. In this case, ignorance is bliss, because you don't get why the earth will get ****ed up which may be good for you. Have fun basking (LITERALLY, because of global warming) in your inability to let go of pointless rebellion and ignorance. I care not to argue about something that is backed by actual proof, because then I would sound like I was reading something from a text book. Know why? Because it (global warming) will probably be written about in future text books.

What a stupid ****ing thread filled with morons who deny things just so they can say they deny it.

so, because i like a Dead Kennedys song and happen to be disgusted by a tv channel that claims to represent music yet plays "reality tv" approximately 23 hours a day, i am an ignorant rebel? because i oppose the uneducated theories of a hypocritical politician trying to keep his name in public circulation, i am an ignorant rebel? you are claiming that i am opposing a popular theory to try and look cool? i have provided facts and cited my sources where you have failed to do so. so tell me, who truly is the ignorant one?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Spamwise

such tomfoolery, 3 scientists or what?
Last edited by deathpidgeon at Feb 9, 2008,
Page 1 of 2