if iwere to get a squier guitar (please dont tell me not to, that's not the purpose of this thread for me) which one should I get if I'm shopping in the range of200-300? I like the look of the telecaster but I was wondering if squier guitars are good if you have small hands. Also, I hear they are better than say an ibanez for classic rock and that they play a wide range of music. Is this true? The most important thing for me right now I'd whether it'll fit to the kind of music I wantto play (led Zeppelin, RHCP, the rolling stones, cream, etc) and my hands. Thanks for all the help
if you get a squier your probably gonna want to upgrade the pickups unless its a higher up squier.. Squiers make great hotted up guitar, heaps of people do it... i dont know to much about them but an affinity will probably be good (but you'll probably need to upgrade pups
go with VM telecaster
it is awesome
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Small fingers benefit from some of the Squiers and Fenders having a slightly narrower nut than Gibson. You must perfect your stretches due to the 25.5" scale length and the resulting larger distance between frets compared to a 24.75" scale. Pay attention to the nut width. With small fingers you would likely benefit from the versions with a 1 9/16" nut. The sizes can vary, depending on the model, I believe. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about them coming in various sizes (they might have standardized them), but I have seen 1 9/16", 1 5/8", 1 11/16" 1 21/32" and 1 23/32" on different brands and models of guitars. There may be others out there too.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
If you're willing to spend $300, just save up a few more bucks and get a MIM, sooooooooooooo much better.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by dgonz
If you're willing to spend $300, just save up a few more bucks and get a MIM, sooooooooooooo much better.

+1
I got a squire strat..just cuz i started to miss the sound of
single coils. I play with alot of effects and i tend to use the
2nd and 4th positions...the feedback can be horrific. You
will probably need to take some plastic tubing and put
those tremolo springs on mute. I honestly like the loud
noisy pickups....when u learn to use feedback..it can be
fun to play with. If you are going to play with the stock pups
for a while..reverb and a slight delay will give you enough
sustain to get you by for a while. Affinity strats go for about
$200...and you can get a really nice used Mexican fender strat
for about $300. And i mean barely used. If you have a local
Guitar center ...they are good about backing those things up
with their warranty. Just make sure the warranty covers normal
wear and tear. Because a lot of warranties these days dont.
and normal wear and tear is what breaks everything..lol.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
i'd say save up a bit and get a MIM strat. its good for classic rock, cleans, and isnt that much more expensive.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Generally, the difference between necks are literally tiny fractions of an inch difference. You only are usually going to see major differences in neck size if you compare a 6 string electric guitar to a 7 string or a classical guitar (and to a lesser extent an acoustic).

I'm guessing you are a beginner, it does take time to develop the ability to stretch properly, so it probably just seems like your hands are too small. I wouldn't buy a guitar based on the assumption that you have small hands, if you are just starting out. I've seen people with very small hands quite capable of doing the 1 finger per fret stretch on a bass, it just takes time to develop that.

The Affinity's are pretty good starter guitars, saving up and getting a better used guitar is also a good option. The Affinity is a better option if you feel like you are going to make modifications to it down the road, since it gives you something to mess with that isn't too expensive. If not, I'd probably get something a bit better, the pick-ups on the lower end Squiers will probably start to annoy you as your ears improve.
Quote by striker327
if you get a squier your probably gonna want to upgrade the pickups unless its a higher up squier.. Squiers make great hotted up guitar, heaps of people do it... i dont know to much about them but an affinity will probably be good (but you'll probably need to upgrade pups

There really isn't much point upgrading a squier. You might as well get a new guitar tbh. They're good for starting with, but if you're playing seriously, a better guitar is really a mandatory option when you've got experience enough.
If you get a Squier in the Affinity range, then get a Tele as they are far superior than the Strats. It's a bit more open when it comes to the standard models though. However, if you aren't going to mod the guitar and you are willing to spend as much as you say then go for a Standard Fender. Personally I think it's better than an Ibanez for most styles you want to play, but throughout Cream, Clapton only really used humbucker equipped guitars (Les Paul, SG, 335, and Firebird), although a Strat, or Tele will sound fine. A Tele would suit most Led Zeppelin stuff from the first few albums as Page used one pretty often e.g. on Communication Breakdown and Stairway... The Stones can be played on just about any guitar, as Keef doesn't have a single preference, although he is fond of both Tele's and Strats. Squiers would be fine for RHCP stuff as Frusciante has used a variety of Fenders in his career and is probably most famous for his '62? Strat.
thanks alot this helps. Would the difference in neck between say a squier and an epiphone make a large difference with my hands? Also, would it be a good idea to make sure my guitar has humbuckers. And about the mexican strats, how could i find out where it was made if i was on a site such as guitarcenter.com?
squier/fender necks are completely different to epiphone/gibson. epiphone are more D shaped which means that the neck is bigger, Squier are usually C shaped. For the humbucker question id probably go for a HSS configuration preferably a strat imo.
i used to have a squire affinity strat and there pretty decent guitars besides the pups. But with a pup change there pretty good, infact i wouldnt say that far of a fender in sound. But the cheaper squires have useless tuning pegs, and are made from plywood. The affinities have proper wood