i tried my friends and LOVED all of the channels and think it has amazing tone... when everyone i know says it has ****ty tone...im borrowing it for a week so do you think that i will realize that the tone sucks after all or is it not so weird that i enjoy the tone?
It sucks. You obviously have no ear for tone. It sounds like angry bees in a tin can...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
even tho hes a flcl fan i have to disagree i have a line 6 n i love it! i know its not the best but it is better than some others...its not **** its just not "pro"
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
depends what you're comparing the line 6 to. if you're comparing it to something like a crappy squier amp, then it's going to be a fair bit better. but compared to FLCLcowdude's setup, it's going to sound like absolute garbage.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by FLCLcowdude
It sucks. You obviously have no ear for tone. It sounds like angry bees in a tin can...

The Vetta does... but The Spider III and Valve sound fine.
@FLCL...

And TS, not trying to be mean, but it really does sound like crap. I mean, solid state amps will never match a tube.

But, for the sake of argument, it's a PRACTICE AMP. So is the MG and the Cube series. They serve their purpose well. They have basic effects, and a passable overdrive. It's excellent.... for practice. But only for practice....

Anything at gigging volumes will require a better amp. SS amps tend to get harsh and muddy at high volumes. The JC120 is the only really decent SS amp.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by mp3stalin
The Vetta does... but The Spider III and Valve sound fine.

The other way around, the Spider III sucks while the Vetta sounds fine.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i have a line 6 spider III 120W amp and i love it..

i dont understand why people hate these amps
You can get decent tone out of Spiders. Of course nothing compared to tube amps. I tried out one of the new valve series and it had pretty good tone. Bogner really shined through on that one.

I still wouldn't put it in the same league as a Mesa, but it could hold it's own.
I know how bad it sounds. The other guitar player in my band had one. I made him use my vox. Problem is solved for now...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
You won't hear a Line 6's tonal deficiency until you play through something like a Blues Junior or other such tube amplifier.
I plays guitars.
Quote by 2003LP
You won't hear a Line 6's tonal deficiency until you play through something like a Blues Junior or other such tube amplifier.

+1

I actually returned a spider when I started playing guitar. I thought it sounded that bad...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
I had to use my friend's Spider II combo at our band practice last week because I'm not moving my stack until I get a 2x12 and it was HORRIBLE. Even worse than I remember it being. I couldn't get that thing to sound halfway decent, I wanted to cry.

Then I plugged into his "louder amp" a MG Halfstack and that thing was horrible too. I plugged in my SG to it and the Bridge pickup completely died for some reason and was forced to use the Neck pickup which was crazy bassy. However, the MG did sound "slightly" better than the Spider, at least it was somewhat tolerable. Neither amp could cut through at all, I couldn't hear him playing and he couldn't hear me, the drummer just heard a mush of nothingness.

Good thing we only practiced for like an hour otherwise I would've shot myself. I'm buying a 2x12 next weekend so I don't have to put up with those disturbing sounds ever again.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by HH_Emo_666
i have a line 6 spider III 120W amp and i love it..

i dont understand why people hate these amps

Look at your username. Now think of what you just said. Now cry.

Just kidding. But honestly, they aren't bad for 15 watt practice amps, and the Vetta and new Spider Valves are nice. The spiders just aren't good if you get a 75 watt one for $300 when you can get a nice tube amp for the same price.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Look at your username. Now think of what you just said. Now cry.

Just kidding. But honestly, they aren't bad for 15 watt practice amps, and the Vetta and new Spider Valves are nice. The spiders just aren't good if you get a 75 watt one for $300 when you can get a nice tube amp for the same price.

Yeah, very true. And plus, I own a mesa but I still think that the Vox AD50 has a great tone. It is good amp for the money. Especially for practice...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Yeah, very true. And plus, I own a mesa but I still think that the Vox AD50 has a great tone. It is good amp for the money. Especially for practice...

Yeah. I played the AD50VT at GC because the other good amps were taken, and I was really surprised how good the tone was compared to my amp. It wasn't as good, but it would be an incredible 15 watt practice amp. I might get one just for practice.
I have an MG10 that I was given free. I use it once in a while if it's late at night and I cannot play my normal amp. It's not terrible, but it's by no means a good amp. It serves a purpose. Here is how I feel about amps. I will give you my opinion if you ask or I will blast someone that is flat out wrong, but I would never criticize someone who thinks that a crappy amp is good. Unless of course someone said that a Line 6 is a good as a really good amp, then I might school them some. If the OP likes his spider, more power to him. Not everyone has the money for a decent amp and why ruin it for him if he likes it? Some people are very open to suggestion and when they first come on here they love their amp then after everyone blasts them they hate it. That's pretty cruel to do to someone.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
He will like it, until his ear develops, i used to dig spiders too, still do for practice amps when i cant use my main rig
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Well, main point: You can't trust other peoples opinions, you have to form your own and not care what anyone else says.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
well its digital man it'll never sound as "warm"/"good" as analog wheter it be tubes or transistors

its like comparing a digital piano to a grand piano, although the digital isn't bad and has tons of features the grand piano will always sound better
i have posted this at least 5 times in the last few weeks and its getting very annoying having to repeat myself:

just like the Marshall MG, for what it is the lowest wattage spider is ok. Its a cheap amp for beginners, with an amateurish tone, but thats ok for a practice amp. The higher wattage amps and halfstacks on the other hand, are no better sounding than the cheap low wattage model - just bigger and louder, and more expensive. bigger + louder does not equal a better amp if it still has the same cheap tone. They are absolutely pointless, and ridiculously overpriced because for the amount of money it costs to get a 100 watt halfstack, you could get a good 30 watt tube combo which would be much louder and sound much better. So anything other than the smallest version of the spider is a complete waste of money, because if you must gig with the amp it will sound a lot better out of the line-out/headphone jack direct into the PA than it will to crank the amp, so you will not need any extra power since the line-out/phones will be line level no matter what the wattage is.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Its not weird you like it.

Its not a great amp and theirs better out there but seeing as tone is subjective..

You will prolly realise after a week it faults and grow out of it straight away.
I notice everyone just started bashing the amp the TS tried, without actually knowing which one it was. What if he tried a flextone or a Vetta? It doesn't mean he tried a spider.

Not all line 6 amps suck, there are some pretty famous and great sounding bands out there that used Line 6 amps. Radiohead used an older amp, and I think they still do, Metallica uses the Variax and Pod XT lives for the acoustic parts, In Flames used rack PODs for recording a few albums, and Meshuggah used rack PODs into tube poweramps.

That said, getting a 15 watt spider is fine for practice, it's cheap and sounds decent for under $100. I've had tones of gear over the years, and still do, and jamming at 1 am in the morning with headphones with my spider 3 is very convenient. Not fantastic sounding, but fun to play with.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Reincaster, you saved me from typing that myself.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
i personally LOVE line 6 amps too. The only bad thing about the Spider series is they don't have connections for external effects loops.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
I've got a very broken Spider II sitting next to me right now. It's going to stay that way as well. Anyone wanna buy a broken Spider II?
Jackson RR5 Rhoads
ESP Viper 400
Epiphone Les Paul EMGs (81/85)
Edwards E-CY-165CTM
FJA Modded ENGL Powerball Halfstack
Framus Cobra + Avatar 4x12 Greenbacks
Quote by guitarmageddon0
i tried my friends and LOVED all of the channels and think it has amazing tone... when everyone i know says it has ****ty tone...im borrowing it for a week so do you think that i will realize that the tone sucks after all or is it not so weird that i enjoy the tone?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking this amp and a lot of beginners do but eventually you will develop a better ear for tone, especially if you play through any kind of tube amp.
i borrowed a spider at a gig once. it was ok. i only had cause to use the clean channel, since i have nice dirt pedals, but it worked ok. it was clean and loud and reasonably defined.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Just to clarify, when a poster says it sucks, he means it's okay, and when a poster says it's awesome, he means it's okay.
One day if i'm rich enough, I'm gonna get a vetta just because I get to download the tone I want. But still I won't go on stage with it. There'll always be the trusty organic, self tweaked tube amps beside me
did u try the spider or another line6 amp? not all of them suck.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by guitarmageddon0

lol, you know I used to think line 6's were really good. I loved every channel of the amp, and wanted to trade my marshall mg for a line 6 (good thing I didn't, even now that I realize MG's arent that good)

After a while I knew that I was never going to get a "clean" sound when I go to the clean channel. There will always be that chorus effect.

It's like the line 6 has a built in pedal, no?