On average how long does it take you to learn a song on guitar. I know some songs take more time than others thats why I asked for average.

I'm kind of a slow learner, it takes me about 45 minutes.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
I'd sig that, but I don't sig things. Therefore, this entire post was unnecessary.

Slap a n00b
It would take me about half an hour to learn a song like Matchbox 20's "3am"

It would take me hours or days to learn a song from one of Metallica's first three albums.
Depends on the song.....
if its a long ass song.... well about an hour for me
but if its just like basically chords and powerchords like 5 minutes....
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
depends, I learned the song Reptilia by the strokes in like 5 minutes, but I've been working on the song Constant Motion by Dream Theater for like 2 days now.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Depends. If it's relatively repititious, and short. It could take no more than a week or two. If it's something with little repitition, and very demanding for someone of my skills (Bach Preludes, for example) then it could take months before I'm actually able to play it good enough to where I'd be comfortable playing it in front of people.

Also, it depends what you mean by "learn". I memorize pieces fairly quickly. I learn them at a correct tempo eventually. And playing it comfortably with no mistakes, without becoming overly tired comes last.

I started this piece over half a year ago. I have memorized it, play it on tempo, but I still struggle with it, and will make mistakes from time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0
Like, if domeone where to teach me how to play, i dunno, a day to learn to move my hands fast, that takes me awhile.
Avenged Sevenfold Fan, proud of it.
It took me a few days to get the Foo Fighter's "Aurora" down. Same with "Dee," "Classical Gas," and the intro to "Crazy on You."

On the other hand, I learned Thin Lizzy's "Cowboy Song" in about twenty minutes last night.
This was not what I was expecting from the title.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Huh. I thought this was going to be a thread about sex.

I'm disappointed.

EDIT: DAMN, beaten.
I always get fed up learning songs and always just end up learning a few riffs from them. I still don't know any whole songs.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
However long the song is.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Depends on how hard the song is, really...usually about 45 minutes, though. Lately, though, I've been working more on writing my own songs.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
im surprised no one has said it yet, and seems as i dont play guitar (properly) i will

7"
If I learn songs/solos from my teacher, half an hour.

If I teach myself, I'll either learn the whole piece without any breaks or anything, or I'll learn it for five minutes, get bored, and come back to it a week later. I'm currently working on Gemini and I only know about half of it after a month, in which I learned the first minute in my first learning, and then another 20 seconds or so in the second one. Hopefully I'll finish it soon.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I thought this was about something TOTALLY different.

If I'm not being lazy and actually try to learn the song, probably 30 - 45 minutes. If I just fuck around then it could take me weeks.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
A while to completely memorize all the parts and order of somewhat complex songs.
I learned all of "Whitewash", and most of "I Love My Parents" in like 1-2 days.
I'm currently working on "Binge and Grab" which is a toughy.
Oh, all of which are by Buckethead (Binge and Grab was with the Deli Creeps).
Depends on the song, really. I can learn some songs in 15 minutes, and some songs like the second solo of Comfortably Numb or Key to the Highway, took me several days to master them properly, to feel comfortable enough to play them live.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!