i was told to take this thread to the Bandleading forum, so that's exactly what i did...

I need some help deciding which original song to perform at this battle of the bands in a couple weeks.

song/composition one (Bad Moon Rising): electric instrumental, my personal favorite, it's got this really cool riff to it, but i don't know how the crowd would recieve it, and throughout most of the song it's just improv.

song/composition two (Trouble): acoustic w/ lyrics, but only really requires one person so the rest of the band wouldn't really do anything, and it's probably gonna go over well with the crowd, but I don't much like it, it's too poppy.

song/composition three (Red Sand): another electric instrumental with a drum solo, i like it and my drummer's actually pretty good, but again, i don't know how the crowd would recieve it, and it gets sort of repetitive.

which song do you guys think i should do? i think all the songs are on my profile.
and does anyone have any suggestions concerning stage presence or otherwise? this is our first gig.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
From what it sounds like go with Bad Moon, the only downside is the improv could kill ya.... but overall that beats the one-man-job second choice and beats repetitiveness of the third.

but really its hard to choose without clips.

EDIT: you have clips.... let me check
might want to change the name of "Bad moon Rising" its a classic CCR song
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by MaddGIJoe
From what it sounds like go with Bad Moon, the only downside is the improv could kill ya.... but overall that beats the one-man-job second choice and beats repetitiveness of the third.

but really its hard to choose without clips.

all of these songs are up on my profile...

Quote by zanz1bar
might want to change the name of "Bad moon Rising" its a classic CCR song

yeah, well, my brother wrote some lyrics to it entitled Bad Moon Rising, so that's how it gets its name. but turns out the lyrics didn't really fit, but the name stuck.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by theking182
all of these songs are up on my profile...

ha yeah I just saw... Ill edit this post with my final judgement

EDIT: yeah, I personally like Bad... I think it would probably best showcase your band's skill.
Last edited by MaddGIJoe at Feb 9, 2008,
Id say if you really, really, really think you guys should go use Bad moon rising (change the title BTW). You guys need a reality check though...Id hate to see you go out there unprepared.

First off relax when your playing the guitar, I can hear the neck being strangled and your forcing your pick to hard. Coax the music out dont beat it to death. Even fast heavy and hard playing isnt a death stranglehold lol.

Whatever time your drummer has put aside to practice, triple it. MAKE him play to a metronome on every song during practice.

Im not saying you guys wont have fun and shouldnt do this but its time to do some serious woodshedding.

ALSO. This is imo very important....do not improv anything right now. Get all the guitar parts arranged and drums. Bands that can lay it down rarely do any improv on stage even though it may look it. And lets face it thats a ways off from what you have right now.