Page 1 of 3
HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT?!?! >____>

My hair is medium length now. But unfortunately for me I have that wavey/curly hair type, bleh. So in order for me to keep it how I like it I have to take a shower all the time and then use gel on it.. which causes it to become hard, still, and slimey. And then eventually gel or not my hair goes from the straightness and all, to what's seems like a flattened ball on my head. Not even a style.

Ahhh. Help, what products or things should I do to get my hair the way I want it and keep it that way? How do you guys manage it?
you mean a ****ing straightener?
STRAIGHT
EN
ER
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
i have it too. patience i guess, mines a decent length when it's been combed and stuff, but without combing, it's like a beatles type doo
Straighten it.

Conditioner helps too.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
I don't do anything but wash it. My hair is long and straight on it's own, and it's fucking gorgeous.
*sigh*

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

hair straightener
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Pick a hairstyle that your hair can handle? I've just got naturally straight hair. A casual blow dry after the shower and I'm straighter than Michael Douglas.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I'm in the same boat as the thread starter, but my hair looks f*cking TERRIBLE when i straighten it.
i just wash it with good shampoo, not some walmart brand crap no gel no brush just pure shagg
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
Ok dont flame me telling me to use the straigthener >___>

I have tried, it didn't work out that great...
Quote by TheAmishOne
Straighten it.

Conditioner helps too.

"shampoo is better, i go on first and clean the hair

noo, conditioner is better, i make the hair silky and smooth

*epic hair product battle*

>.>

<.<

stop looking at me swan."
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
do something with your hair without having to go out of your way like that.

i have really curly hair and back in middle school i had it short and i tried to spike it and it never worked. sometimes i would spend 20 minutes in front of the mirror. (i know.. sad) i finally gave up and didn't cut my hair for like 7 months.

best decision i ever made lol.

but seriously. i don't think you should go so much out of your way to try to style your hair if your hair isn't even like that to begin with.

but that's just my opinion.
Quote by dio_dude
i have it too. patience i guess, mines a decent length when it's been combed and stuff, but without combing, it's like a beatles type doo

mines like that when i hop out of the shower and comb it, the beatles doo i mean. I like my hair like that. but yeah straightener works too.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
I have the same problem. (effin beaner genes! )
i use to straighten it but then i got too lazy for that. So now the best thing to do is use good shampoo, and conditioner and right when you get out of the shower, get a towel and dry the EXCESS amount of water from your hair and then get a hair tie and put in a pony tail. I do that until my hair is dry and when it is I take out the hair tie and there you go. Beauitful long man hair.
shower with shampoo and conditioner then when you get out the shower IMMEDIATELY comb it. dry it slowly. comb it again.
boom
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I think you just don't know how to straighten your hair.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Supafly1824
HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT?!?! >____>

My hair is medium length now. But unfortunately for me I have that wavey/curly hair type, bleh. So in order for me to keep it how I like it I have to take a shower all the time and then use gel on it.. which causes it to become hard, still, and slimey. And then eventually gel or not my hair goes from the straightness and all, to what's seems like a flattened ball on my head. Not even a style.

Ahhh. Help, what products or things should I do to get my hair the way I want it and keep it that way? How do you guys manage it?

I wish I had wavier hair. Its a bit wavy but more stright.
Im naturally straight though so it's cool haha.

If you wan t, use a straightener.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
lol octavarium that was hillarious! neway im irish so my hair curls up too...i just braid it lol so i can look like Head from KoRn
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
For me i had teh kinda akward phaase where it didn't look as well but when its longer its much better....i just comb my hair then take a shower with shampoo and conditioner then come for a while afterwards and it stays pretty straight except for some of the ends that get a lil wavy.
I may not have the type of hair best suited fo rwhat I want... but I've been told that I look a lot better with longer/straighter hair, so yea..

To the guy who posted the pic.. lucky :/... but I don't even need it that straight, hell, I would be happy if I had something like Jack White's hair...
Mine looks funny when you straighten it =]

You really just gotta take one day to experiment with it to find a pattern you can follow to keep it nice.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
TS, you should put your hair in a 'fro. 'Fros rawk.

I'll be living vicariously through you, incidentally. I wish I could get a 'fro.
pretty safe bet that i possess the most epic hair in UG.

ON-TOPIC:see a stylist, preferably a woman. guy stylists like to get jealous of teh long hair. like always, keep it clean. it will seem longer brushed, but don't overdo it. Brushing stresses the hair follicle, thus hindering growth.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
1. Shampoo
2. Conditioner
3. Blow dryer
4. ?????
5. Profit!
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Guitarman015
Judging from your profile pic, I shouldn't have got mine cut back in December. Mine was far more righteous.

Yours is pretty eppic, though.
it has to be longer my hair is like that too.
it looks bad short and incredibly ****ty medium. but thats why i have it really long
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
i'm half japanese so i have perfectly straight hair, i better cut it or soon i'm going to look like herman li.
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
"shampoo is better, i go on first and clean the hair

noo, conditioner is better, i make the hair silky and smooth

*epic hair product battle*

>.>

<.<

stop looking at me swan."

I believe you're supposed to use them both, ie shampoo then conditioner.
^

its a billy madison reference, but thanks anyways
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
When I first started growing my hair out I got to a point where my hair looked ****ing retarted. My fair practically curled 180 degrees. I used to try everything and nothing work, as it got longer it got better. When my hair is about chin length it will curl forward about 80degrees. But when it's shoulder length, I don't have anyproblems with it curling. I don't even need to dry my hair anymore. It seems like the longer your hair gets the more tamed it gets.
I have naturally strasight hair.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
^

its a billy madison reference, but thanks anyways

Ah, I haven't seen it. Please excuse me.
Quote by Guitarman015

Accccctually I probably beat you in that regard. But I would never refer to my hair as 'epic'...
curly hair rocks I'm aiming for hair like Slash. now it's shorter than his, but patience, a month or two, and it will be like his

TS, use a hair straightener

/thread
Page 1 of 3