So i am on the market for an acoustic guitar....but should i get an electric acoustic or an acoustic....price range is 1k USD
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
All I can tell you is that I regret buying my Taylor 410ce and the only acoustic guitar with a decent sounding pickup in it that I've heard are Matons.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
is there a difference in tone between an acoustic electric and an acoustic?
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

^I'm a taylor fanboy. I think the ES system is great. Having said that, guitar tone is a very subjective thing.

Buy a guitar without a pickup and add one later. You can get a much better guitar for 1k if you're not also paying money for electronics that you're not even sure if you'll like.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
if you use them, buy them. if you dont, then dont.

If i didnt need my guitar on stage, then i'd never buy an acoustic electric. if i only used it live once a year, it wouldn't be worth having electronics.

luckily for me, martin offers the fishman prefix premium blend on the 16 series, and those are supposed to be really good.
I have an Ibanez exotic wood series t hat in my, and others opinions sounds better than my friends $2,000 Taylor. It has a 3 band eq, an onboard tuner, and a 1/4" plus an XLR out. It only ran me $400.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
^I'm a taylor fanboy. I think the ES system is great. Having said that, guitar tone is a very subjective thing.

Buy a guitar without a pickup and add one later. You can get a much better guitar for 1k if you're not also paying money for electronics that you're not even sure if you'll like.

Dont get me wrong I love the way my Taylor sounds unplugged, I just regret spending that much money on a guitar where I would rather mic it than use the ES most of the time.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
does having the electronics in the guitar effect how it sounds unplugged?
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

Quote by coheed.666

nope.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
ill just have to play a couple of guitars at the local music store before i decide on one
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

Quote by coheed.666

yes, but it's not big enough to be noticeable unless the electronics werent installed well.

anyway, as for taylors... I find them to be better as a plug in guitar. they naturally have that bright sound that can cut through a band. I'm sticking with my martin though. nothing beats that wonderful, thick, full bodied sound. I've pretty much refused to play Taylors at the store after i played the Martin D-16.

I use my guitar much more at home in my room than i do plugged in, hence i'd rather have that rich sound.
should i get an electric acoustic or an acoustic

Will u be playing plugged in alot?

From my experience, the standard acoustic usually sounds better than his electric-acoustic counterpart. That said though, every guitar is different, its impossible to give a definitive answer.

ill just have to play a couple of guitars at the local music store before i decide on one

That is definitely a good idea.