Alright. my custom is going to have a huge wiring diagram, and although I atempted one large one and posted before, it looked horrible, so with some help from invaderJim and a few others, I split the diagram into seprate parts that were much more easily manageable. I will post the links and then put a description under them. Everything is using seymour duncans wiring diagrams for help, and thus are using their color sceme. If you are unfamiliar its

Black - Hot 1 (north start)
White(Gray) - Cold 1 (north finish)
Red- Cold 2 (south finish)
Green- Hot 2 (south start) + Bare until first solder point ground.

now, here you all go, and thank you everyone who puts any time into proofing these.

Neck-
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/infernoinferno/Neckpickup.jpg

Neck Volume. Red/whit to a coilfade, which goes to a DPDT on/off/on switch, meant to act Series/off/parallel. Need to know if thats how I'm supposed to wire the Red and white from coilfade to switch. (D) is wire off diode clipper, M/P is Middlepickup/Peizo volume. Volume pot has treble bleed mod.

Middle-
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/infernoinferno/SingleCoil.jpg

Single Coil middle pickup, with a DPDT ON/off/on switch, meant to be a On(signal to neck pot) /off/ On (signal to Bridge pot)

Bridge-
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/infernoinferno/Bridgepickup.jpg

Bridge Pickup. Red and white go to coilfade, then to Series/Parallel DPDT on/off/on switch, meants for Series/off/parallel. Need to know if thats how i wire coilfade to S/P switch. Green and black then follow to a Phase switch, to put the bridge pickup out of phase with the other pickups, NOT itself. Hope that thats correct for that. Treble bleed mod on Volum. (D) is diode clipper ground to volume. M/P is middle pickup/peizo hot to volume.

Peizo-EDIT: Look to last of my post to see what I'm planning for this now. I'll update tomarrow
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/infernoinferno/PeizodiagramLEDS.jpg

Piezo hooked to a preamp that has been taken off of invaderJim, that doesnt need checking. The things added to it do, so the Output, and leads to the positive and negative. The Green is something I'm consideing, two LED's to help light up the holes I'm putting in the side for switches. not sure if It'll affect anything, or if its wired correctly. The LED thing is ON/on, the other switch is On/off/on meant for On (Neck vol.) /off/ (on bridge vol). Both DPDT.

Diodes-EDIT: Probably not doing this. May as well put it in the pedals I'll be building later in the year.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/infernoinferno/diodes.jpg

Blue Triangle looking things are Diodes. DPDT On/on switch for Bypass/Diode clipper. Pot is push/pull for 1diode/2diode. Grounds to both neck and bridge volumes.

Jacks-
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/infernoinferno/jacks.jpg

DPDT switches to guitar jacks. GOAL- on/off option for each jack.

Diode clipper is using .1 forward voltage germanium diodes, so they should work well even in a passive circut. EDIT: Probably not doing this. May as well put it in the pedals I'll be building later in the year.

The three main problem areas
1)The Peizo. I'll redo this tomarrow so its actually correct with what I want to do. If you want the short explination, scroll to my last post

2)The jacks diagram. I dont know if this is how you wire a guitar that has two output jacks, I'd appreciate if anyone could give me a yes or no.

3) I need to figure out if coilfades (as shown in the Neck and Bridge diagrams) should be put before the parallel/series switches like they are now, or if they have to go after the switches. If this using series/parallel switches and Coilfades together isnt an option, I'd also like to know

Again, thank you much for any help you guys can give me, or any suggestions

~C/ruel
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Last edited by C/ruel at Feb 14, 2008,
I'm very curious about how those diodes sound. Find out as soon as you can. I'm kind of skeptical of it. And where did you get them, btw?
The switch in the diagram for the single won't do anything at all.

This is what you should wire it as.
               To neck volume [1][4]
White wire from middle pickup [2][5]
             To bridge volume [3][6]

And just send the black wire straight to the ground.

I have no idea what the switches for the neck and bride pickups are supposed to do.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
The switch in the diagram for the single won't do anything at all.

This is what you should wire it as.
               To neck volume [1][4]
White wire from middle pickup [2][5]
To bridge volume [3][6]

And just send the black wire straight to the ground.

I have no idea what the switches for the neck and bridge pickups are supposed to do.

They're off the seymour duncan site for series/parallel and Series/Parallel and then In phase/out of phase respectivly.

Quote by Losenger
I'm very curious about how those diodes sound. Find out as soon as you can. I'm kind of skeptical of it. And where did you get them, btw?

A diode clipper in a passive circut sounds like the Black Ice overdrive mod from what I understand, except the black ice mod is achieved with schottky's (sp, I know) And these have a smalled threshold then schottky's. It should work out well.

If you mean what those particular diodes sound like, When I eventually get my guitar done, I'll make sure and put up some sound samples.

They were gotten from www.crystalradiosupply.com
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Last edited by C/ruel at Feb 9, 2008,
It seems that few want to take a look at one of my diagrams 0_o

The one that I'm, most worried about is the peizo circut. The rest I figure are *pretty* close, although I have doubts about the diode and the jacks.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I looked at your piezo circuit. It's not going to do much of anything. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Using an On/off/on for peizo on (to neck volume)/Off/On(to bridge volume)

the 9v was wired with the switch with the intention of making it so that when the switch was in the off position, the battery wouldnt be on.

Which, from looking at the switch now, doesnt seem possible.

(runs off to change the diagram so its wired the same way the middle pickup is)

Edit: I didnt realize it didnt give you my descriptions when you clicked on the links. I'll edit them onto this page. Maybe that would help -_- (facepalm)

Alright then. I dont actually want to use LED's anymore but just a switch to turn the battery on would be a waste in my mind if all it ran was the damn Peizo. Maybe a On 9v/off/on LED+9v wouldnt be as retarded.............

I guess that I could try to find a circut that would drive the diodes so it would clip better and use the 9v for that too... Inwhich case I could use some of the .3 or .7 forward action diodes I have to clip, but meh. whatev's.

I'll think about it
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Last edited by C/ruel at Feb 12, 2008,
I'm kind of at a loss with understanding what you want. Is there any way you can convey your ideas in a different manner? A simple list might work. Sorry if I'm being simple-minded, but maybe a list of your goals would help.
I'm thinking of dropping the diode clipper, I can build a pedal that will do the same thing, and plan to anyway.

Which leaves me with a push-pull spot open This should make things much much easier.

Now, for the Peizo.

-Push pull for volume. Piezo On/off
-On/off/on DPDT for tone options on peizo. maybe .1uf/off/.3uf or something.
-I would like to have the 9v be off (not losing energy) when the peizo is off.

Now, I would like to use only the push pull and the DPDT I'm using for the tone to make it so that when the Peizo is set to off, The 9v will be off. If the push pull is unable to do this then I would like to wire the 9v to the DPDT tone switch so that when in the off position, it is off.

the real question is, are either of those possible?

Tomarrow I'll redo everything so it represents better
I don't see why you're using a battery at all. The piezo circuit is passive, meaning it requires no power.