I may be buying a carvin legacy soon mainly for the amazing solo tones. But I was wondering if theres any pedal I could use over it to get a Dual Recto like tone for rythme?
You are buying a Legacy and you want a distortion pedal? What?

Just save up for a Recto or get yourself a good overdrive.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
What happened to all that modelling stuff you were into?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
What happened to all that modelling stuff you were into?

I guess you missed my PodXT Live thread......Well anyways I still like it to an extent I just thought I go for the real deal and what all the hype is.
Mesa V-Twin pedal. You can find them on eBay occasionally.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by IncubusMan999
You are buying a Legacy and you want a distortion pedal? What?

Just save up for a Recto or get yourself a good overdrive.

I want a Pedal for rythme, the Legacy Lead tones amazing aswell as the cleans but I've heard the rythme was lacking a little.
Don't, unless you're modding it. Thin as ****.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Don't, unless you're modding it. Thin as ****.

The Zombie or the MT-2?
stay away from the Metal Zone... or IMO from all Boss distortion pedals.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
what would you reccomend?

I've been looking into Keeley Mod pedals lately are there any in partical that could achieve an accurate Recto tone for hi gain rythme?

Or how about a Big Muff or Metal Muff or some kind of electro harmonix?
Last edited by Osiris77 at Feb 9, 2008,
Try the Legacy before you buy it. I'm not a fan of the lead channel at all, and I know quite a few others agree with me. By itself, the Legacy is fairly low gain and, to my ears, sounds weak and muddy. That said, the clean channel is just fantastic. The best I've ever heard.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Try the Legacy before you buy it. I'm not a fan of the lead channel at all, and I know quite a few others agree with me. By itself, the Legacy is fairly low gain and, to my ears, sounds weak and muddy. That said, the clean channel is just fantastic. The best I've ever heard.

what would you reccomend then? I think I've tried almost everything around $1,000 I liked the Peavey JSX but from sound clips of the legacy I still thought it was better. Should I buy the Single Rectifer and a boost pedal for solos?

How can you say the legacy sounds muddy though.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uPn2lAuMZ9E

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4vcEBfy4wU&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SANmR4FHpfY&feature=related
Quote by Osiris77
what would you reccomend then? I think I've tried almost everything around $1,000 I liked the Peavey JSX but from sound clips of the legacy I still thought it was better. Should I buy the Single Rectifer and a boost pedal for solos?

How can you say the legacy sounds muddy though.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uPn2lAuMZ9E

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4vcEBfy4wU&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SANmR4FHpfY&feature=related

Like I said, try it out. If you like it, buy it. I'm not a fan of the tone in any of those videos, it seems very compressed and "un-dynamic" to me. I would definitely recommend the JSX over the Legacy, as it is far more versatile and, to my ears, better sounding, but you really need to try both of them.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Like I said, try it out. If you like it, buy it. I'm not a fan of the tone in any of those videos, it seems very compressed and "un-dynamic" to me. I would definitely recommend the JSX over the Legacy, as it is far more versatile and, to my ears, better sounding, but you really need to try both of them.

Well I can't really try it the carvin factories on the other side of the country and I've tried the JSX but its $600 more than I've got. Is there anything closer to $1,000 you could suggest?
Quote by Osiris77
Well I can't really try it the carvin factories on the other side of the country and I've tried the JSX but its $600 more than I've got. Is there anything closer to $1,000 you could suggest?

A JSX goes for less than a grand used.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Damage Control Solid Metal, or Demonizer.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i've got the V-Twin running into the clean channel on a mesa 50 cal+. the lead channel on the 50 cal was going south for some reason. i bought it w/out testing it. got it for around $300 off the Bay.
every single time i go back to re-tweak the knobs and the sliders on those 2, the sound coming out of the speaker (heavy OD) gets better and better.
i've heard it was designed after a dual's pre-amp section... what ever, i freak'n love the thing. i'll post some clips somewhere, as soon as i get a few minutes' worth that i'm not embarassed by. hahahaha

where in florida do you live. in NYC and i see mesa stuff all the time for under $1000
west palm beach theres really not much on Craigslist around here to be honest.....
If you get a chance to go to Fort Lauderdale go to Rock Solid Amps. They have ENGLs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Mesa V-Twin pedal. You can find them on eBay occasionally.

just because it says mesa boogie doesn't mean it has lots of gain and can handle brutal distortion. the v-twin is not meant for that

if you want a rectifier-like distortion, buy a rectifier amp.
the pedal you want does not exist. the zombie is awful! and the mt-2 is not gonna give you the rectifier-like distortion either

why are you buying a carvin if you want a mesa? save a bit more money. you won't regret it
Quote by Tweak88
just because it says mesa boogie doesn't mean it has lots of gain and can handle brutal distortion. the v-twin is not meant for that

if you want a rectifier-like distortion, buy a rectifier amp.
the pedal you want does not exist. the zombie is awful! and the mt-2 is not gonna give you the rectifier-like distortion either

why are you buying a carvin if you want a mesa? save a bit more money. you won't regret it

I want the rectifier rythme tone and the legacy lead tone, I guess I need a Mark IV well maybe one day.....