I'm going to be installin a killswitch and I want it to be a button one I found this but I want to know if once I tap it it will need to be tapped again to turn it on because I only want it to be turned off when it's tapped down.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062545&cp=&sr=1&origkw=spst+on+off&kw=spst+on+off&parentPage=search
also I think the easiest way to do it would be to cut the hot wire going to the output jack and solder the switch in, is that correct?
lol yea thats the one i got its great, and smoother than a "custom" one a friend of mine has
Quote by 420 FREAK
I think the easiest way to do it would be to cut the hot wire going to the output jack and solder the switch in, is that correct?
I think the easiest way is found here: clicky
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I never really understood why it's customary to send the signnal to the ground... Reason?
Only other way to wire a killswitch is to have it disconnect the output momentarily, but that causes a pop when reconnecting which can damage speakers at high volume.

Sending the signal to ground does not result in the popping.
big red arcade button ftw
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"