So I was giving a short oral presentation in English class, but I haven't ever done one by myself before. It's always been in a group. Aside from that, I haven't done one in a long time. When I was up there though, my arms and legs were literally shaking quite a lot. I tried to relax, but it just didn't stop. I had no control over it. It was insane! Anyone else experience anything similar?
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
haha, am i the only one that laughed at the first two lines
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Yes, but in a different situation. It was when I had surgery done in my mouth. But it were only my legs that wouldn't stop shaking.
Where's that confounded bridge?

Try to realize it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you.
Believe me dude, that's perfectly normal. I've taken Forensics and Public Speaking and I still get the jitters from time to time.
it happens a bit to me but not that bad. I always hate being the center of attention..except when im rockin out
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
It's all a state of mind. For about a year I had a way about my thinking that made every social construct totally irrelavent. I just didn't give a **** what people thought and it actually really helped for speeches. Anymore I get a little shakey but it's more of an internal uncomfortableness not literally shaking. Just take deep breaths, relax, and realize no one really gives a f u ck.
Quote by 12epi345

LMAO i see what you been hahha "oral".
Ok to serious matters
yeah i get that too except i dont shake i feel like i cant see clearly and like everyone is just staring at me without blinking. I took a speech class and i hated presenting but you cant pass speech without speaking outloud. I ended up with a B.
Quote by 12epi345

no, i laughed my balls off
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Quote by acoginthesystem
and realize no one really gives a f u ck.

Very true. Next time you get up in front of your class, take a second to look around at your classmates. Chances are only a small handful of them are actually paying attention. The rest are too busy texting and sleeping.
I experienced similar nervous feelings during public speaking class. However, after the course, it helped me a lot.
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
Quote by tremaine2007
So I was giving a short oral presentation in English class, but I haven't ever done one by myself before. It's always been in a group. Aside from that, I haven't done one in a long time. When I was up there though, my arms and legs were literally shaking quite a lot. I tried to relax, but it just didn't stop. I had no control over it. It was insane! Anyone else experience anything similar?

One time in Expository Writing I was asked to read aloud something that I had done and literally could not complete a sentence; my mouth wouldn't form the words correctly and I ran out of breath before the end of each sentence. It was horrible; I was so nervous.
Quote by Bobsam3
it happens a bit to me but not that bad. I always hate being the center of attention..except when im rockin out

Me too. I've come to terms with having to be the center of attention because then it's less dredfull when you're forced to do it in school and such.

I still get really nervous, but I try my best to ignore everyone.

When I'm playing gigs though I'm really really crazy and odd, so I can handle the attention when I pretend no one's looking at me. My head moves too much for me to even look at people unless I'm singing, and when I'm singing I get really nervous.
I LOVE speaking in front of the class and stuff like that. My language arts teacher says it just comes naturally for some people and she says im one of them.
Just try relaxing, dont think too much, go with it, dont try memorizing every single word your going to say, try improvising, cracking a few jokes here and there. Dont stay still, try moving your hands when explaining stuff, etc. Noone likes having to listen to a robot just spitting out information, people will get bored. Try getting people involve if you can, ask if they understand, use them as examples, etc.
Remember, dont think too much, know what youre talking about, youll be find.