I need some ideas i could improvise off of. i've thought of playing her something and singing, just one problem... i can't sing worth a **** hehe =|

any ideas are appreciated ^^
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Girls have to put up with hearing their boyfriend guitarists play all the time..

If you actually try to give a girl the gift of song, you will fail in an epic way.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
Quote by MetalMegaMan
i could improvise off of.
Just play her a wicked awesome penis-tapping solo.

Seriously, though, just improvise over the basic theme of "Yellow Ledbetter."
Quote by TheAmishOne
Girls have to put up with hearing us guitarists play all the time..

If you actually try to give a girl the gift of song, you will fail in an epic way.

cool thing is though is that she BEGS me to play for her all the time.
Quote by Flying Couch

she's heard me do that before, and TRY to sing it haha
if you and your girlfriend have like a "special song" that you both love you could play that and get her to sing it as well so it doesn't matter if you can't. examples: "Summer of '69" or "November Rain"

or you could do what i did and buy a little dog holding a bone that says "I WUFF YOU"
Quote by brandon369852
Chocolate's and a flower.

i want to do something original, i want to try and top her gift for me.
Quote by Rokeman
if you and your girlfriend have like a "special song" that you both love you could play that and get her to sing it as well so it doesn't matter if you can't. examples: "Summer of '69" or "November Rain"

or you could do what i did and buy a little dog holding a bone that says "I WUFF YOU"

haha i did the dog thing for christmas, it was a build a bear dog and i made it do a metal roar ^^
Quote by Flying Couch

tried it, extremely painful. the string went right in the hole when i tried sweep arpeggios.
Quote by MetalMegaMan
i want to do something original, i want to try and top her gift for me.

Well do you know her gift for you?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
weezer is awesome.
try one of their songs :]

bad singing always turns out epic btw :]
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by bendystraw
tried it, extremely painful. the string went right in the hole when i tried sweep arpeggios.

dude, no way! i had the SAME problem!
Quote by bendystraw

i cringed when i read that. i hope to god ur talking about the hole in ur acoustic.

▼ but he is ▼
Quote by brandon369852
Well do you know her gift for you?

nope she's keeping it a surprise. im guessing im gonna wake up one day with her vagina in my face or something haha.
Quote by MetalMegaMan
nope she's keeping it a surprise. im guessing im gonna wake up one day with her vagina in my face or something haha.

You can't beat that, sorry. Tell her you're gay, that'll throw her off.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by MetalMegaMan
dude, no way! i had the SAME problem!

Did you guys shake it hard? Mine has a callus on it maybe that's why it worked for me. Also my pubes are like little arms and helped make me sound like a badass with some extra harmonized tappage.
Quote by MetalMegaMan
haha i did the dog thing for christmas, it was a build a bear dog and i made it do a metal roar ^^

at the risk of sounding stupid, what's a build a bear dog? haha... well i just walked into a store with stuffed animals and bought her the cutest one. and i'm sure it'll work.

i asked one of my friends for advice. he said to take her on a picnic, and he went on for ages about what to do, and then at the end he said to drown her in a picnic basket!. he's a funny guy but i was annoyed at him. anyway the lesson learnt is: you have to decide what to get her, and don't ask your guy friends for advice unless you want stupid answers!!!
Quote by itsxsteves
i cringed when i read that. i hope to god ur talking about the hole in ur acoustic.

no. im lucky i just changed strings cause the old ones were rusty. they would have infected the cut and it would ooze the next time i peed. ill stick to playing teeth solos. after changing strings again of course.

<.<

>.>

*sniffs strings*
Quote by bendystraw
no. im lucky i just changed strings cause the old ones were rusty. they would have infected the cut and it would ooze the next time i peed. ill stick to playing teeth solos. after changing strings again of course.

<.<

>.>

*sniffs strings*

I almost died. Please....no more..
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Rokeman
at the risk of sounding stupid, what's a build a bear dog? haha... well i just walked into a store with stuffed animals and bought her the cutest one. and i'm sure it'll work.

i asked one of my friends for advice. he said to take her on a picnic, and he went on for ages about what to do, and then at the end he said to drown her in a picnic basket!. he's a funny guy but i was annoyed at him. anyway the lesson learnt is: you have to decide what to get her, and don't ask your guy friends for advice unless you want stupid answers!!!

im realizing this haha. but like i said, i just need an idea to improvise off of.
Quote by MetalMegaMan
she's heard me do that before, and TRY to sing it haha
O RLY?

Then try this - no singing, though. "The Lord of the Dance," as I played it with my orchestra. Just improvise some bullshit over this basic idea.
e|--------------------|--------------------------|
B|--------------------|--------------------------|
G|2---2-2-1-2-4-2-1-2-|2---2-2-1-2-4-2-1-------1-|
D|2-------------------|2-----------------4-2-4---|
A|0-------------------|0-------------------------|
E|--------------------|--------------------------|
Everytime I play this for someone who doesn't know it, they just smile. Such an uplifting thing.
Quote by bendystraw

<.<

>.>

*sniffs strings*

▼ but he is ▼
Quote by MetalMegaMan
cool thing is though is that she BEGS me to play for her all the time.

it's the same thing with me... she knows i wrote a couple of songs for her... but i'm too insecure about them to actually sing them to her
Quote by Flying Couch
O RLY?

Then try this - no singing, though. "The Lord of the Dance," as I played it with my orchestra. Just improvise some bullshit over this basic idea.
Everytime I play this for someone who doesn't know it, they just smile. Such an uplifting thing.

i didnt get my guitar out to play that but it reminds me of fear of the dark my iron maiden.

▼ but he is ▼
Quote by deluxity
it's the same thing with me... she knows i wrote a couple of songs for her... but i'm too insecure about them to actually sing them to her

i have no problem playing i just know i can't sing too good. she thinks i have potential though =]
lol if my town there are these barbershop cuartet guys who will go and sing 2 songs to a person at any time of day wherever they are and will give them candy and a card for 50 dollars
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by Flying Couch
O RLY?

i tried playing it and it ended up sounding like scotty doesn't know =|
Quote by killedbyaspork
lol if my town there are these barbershop cuartet guys who will go and sing 2 songs to a person at any time of day wherever they are and will give them candy and a card for 50 dollars

duuude that would be funny ****. if i hired them to bust into her classroom at school and embarass the **** out of her.
Quote by Flying Couch
Gimme a sec - I'm looking for a good video the version I played on Youtube.

im actually currently listening to an orchestra playing it.
she just left me a text saying

"That song "make tonight" by Emanuel makes me have nice thoughts.. Is that bad?"

I think i've found my song haha
On the A-to-B bit on the G string, you can do what I do, and bend it. I play loud and distorted - very cool.

You watched the same video? Small world, dude.