i dunno if its different in other states but i live in california... if i made $7,420 last year and paid $1,125 in taxes how much do you think i will get back?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by B3RZ3RK3R
i dunno if its different in other states but i live in california... if i made $7,420 last year and paid $1,125 in taxes how much do you think i will get back?

Watch the internets. Or the news.
Quote by B3RZ3RK3R

To tell you the truth, you'll probably get most of it back.
google is your friend
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
If you claim yourself, a good chunk of federal and state. If your parents claim you, you will get less. On 7,000 in Ohio, 583 in fed. I'll get 490 ish back because my dad is claiming me, even though he has no right to-- I didn't even enter his house last year. But he's paying for my college, I really have no choice. I'd say you'll get between 80% and 90% of your fed and state taxes back, maybe more depending on how old you are.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
im only 17 so i am assuming that benefits me?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Nope, you cannot claim yourself as dependent; therefore, you will lose that money, but gain back in other areas, such as, they simply will give you a higher percentage back if you are under 18-- because of the first part, you cannot claim yourself as a dependent, unless you have no legal guardian, or your parents don't need the huge refund they'll get for having a child.

yeah i am still with my parents... so they get some of my money?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by B3RZ3RK3R
yeah i am still with my parents... so they get some of my money?

No, the government keeps yours, and they deduct a larger sum from your parents' income. That's why they hate when we hit 18, we can legally claim ourselves without asking first.

By deduct I mean take away from the tax and give them a tax deduction.

Quote by hethamulburton
No, the government keeps yours, and they deduct a larger sum from your parents' income. That's why they hate when we hit 18, we can legally claim ourselves without asking first.

By deduct I mean take away from the tax and give them a tax deduction.

ohhhhh.... damn government.. oh well so i guess i will be gettin something between
$875-$1000 then?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by B3RZ3RK3R
ohhhhh.... damn government.. oh well so i guess i will be gettin something between
$875-$1000 then?

Well, was the amount you originally stated just the sum of your state and federal tax?

You do not get back Social Security or Medicare. If you have a local tax, you may get some of that back too-- if you do not reside in the area where that tax is in place.

For instance, I work in one city limit, but reside in a city right next to the border of the two, I get the local tax back that way.