I need desperatly help to know wtf is going on with my gear!!!!
i have a line 6 spider II amp (i dont care what u think of it, i just need to know the problem) and an ibanez RG 2ex
three months ago I raised the pickups in my ibanez, then a few days later afther that, i suddendly get huge ammunt of feedbak with no sound at all from the guitar, i tested wit another guitar and cable and id did work fine.
today i borrowed an esp ex50 from a budy and the strings where very low, so i raised the bridge a little bit, my brother plays the guitar for an hour and it has that damn ammount of feedback again with no tone, sound or ****!!!! how can that be??? is it the amp??
i need to know, what is wrong, how can it be fixed, how much will it cost to get everything fixed?
pleas help with this.
"There are two things that are certantly infinate: The Univeres, and, Human Stupidity, and im not sure about the Universe"

-Albert Eintsein
please help!!!!
"There are two things that are certantly infinate: The Univeres, and, Human Stupidity, and im not sure about the Universe"

-Albert Eintsein
you seem to run into problems when you raise things. Try lowering them back to their previous position.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
try lowering your pickups again?

try the amp with headphones. if you still get feedback (ha!) then you have a problem.
I already ajusted the heigth of the string from the ex50, i still got the anonying fedback and no sound from the guitar, how much will it cost for and expert to check what is the problem?

-Albert Eintsein
It might be the connection from the guitar try tightening the place where you you put the cable in the guitar
As you raise your pickups ..the magnets inside react to the strings.
You get more volume and tone. Your pickups have a nominal height
where if you get any closer feedback starts to kick in. When you raise
your pickups to get more volume sometimes feedback is the tradeoff.
Most players raise the pickups until the feedback starts..then they
back them off a bit until they get as close to that point as possible
with no nasty sounds. You can take it to a good tech...but its gonna
cost you maybe $50. It looks like you need to upgrade to active pups
and get a tube amp. Thats the only way to get those squealies u want.
lol...we know what u were tryin to do...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Feb 9, 2008,