Okay, I'm not sure how much help a forum can provide, but I figure it is worth a try. I love to listen to music, and I recently bought my first guitar. I found some online lessons, though when I'm playing chords, my finger will unintentionally touch the string below it, resulting in a muffled sounding chord. Is there any excercise I can do to correct this? A picture on how to properly curve it? Really anything will help.
Don't worry much about it just practice more and your hands will become more stable.
Quote by Themann810
whenever im about to bang a chick she turns into a guy WTF why does this happen
Here's a few things to look for:

1. Too much tension in the hand. If you look closely at your hand, and the muscles start bulging when you go to position for the chord, then stop and make sure to relax the hand before positioning. Can be hard to break the habit of tension once into it.

2. Fingers not straight enough. Your finger from the tip to the first knuckle should be very close to a 90 degree angle relative to the neck.

3. Fingers too big. If you find that your fingers are hitting the strings on both sides of the string you're fretting, then can I recommend taking up the bass guitar instead?
Quote by The Atomic Ass
Here's a few things to look for:

1. Too much tension in the hand. If you look closely at your hand, and the muscles start bulging when you go to position for the chord, then stop and make sure to relax the hand before positioning. Can be hard to break the habit of tension once into it.

2. Fingers not straight enough. Your finger from the tip to the first knuckle should be very close to a 90 degree angle relative to the neck.

3. Fingers too big. If you find that your fingers are hitting the strings on both sides of the string you're fretting, then can I recommend taking up the bass guitar instead?

Thanks for the tips, though it's definitely not my fingers, as my fingers are pretty skinny
Quote by Death By Guitar
Practise is the only thing worth doing

Yeah, I realize that practice is the only way to be good at anything, but there is such a thing as practicing smart. I was just wondering if there were any tips that could help practice go more smoothly.
well theo nly finger exercise i know is running down string and up going from 1st-3rd fret like this

e|---------------------------------------------1--3----------------------------|
B|------------------------------------1--3-----------3---1-----------------------|
G|---------------------------1---3----------------------------3---1--------------|
D|---------------- 1---3----------------------------------------------3---1-------|
A|----------1 --3-------------------------------------------------------------3--1-|
E|--1--3------------------------------------------------------------------------------3---1--|
Quote by instantdeath999
Thanks for the tips, though it's definitely not my fingers, as my fingers are pretty skinny

Saying thahen there is no point in switching to base