ok me and my friend (both electric) are wanting to make something not to special or long but something cool with chords and scales so whats some good chord progressions and the scales to play over them?
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
or just do something that sounds good. theory is great and all but when its something like that its better to just do what sounds good.
lol 08'ers.

if you just want to play something basic and melodic, all you need to do is find a chord progression that fits into one key, and then choose a scale that's part of the same key.

you could work out a chord progression first, and then work out what scale you can use, or you could choose a key and then choose some chords that fit in with it.

For instance, if you chose to play in C major or A minor (theyre the same), you could use the following chords;

Em, F, G, Am, C, Dm (3 minor chords and 3 major chords)

to be rhythmically simple, you'll probably want to choose 3 chords or 4 chords. If you choose 3 chords, youll want to follow this pattern;

chord A, Chord B, chord C, chord A | chord A, Chord B, chord C, chord A,

if you choose 4 chords, follow this one;

chord A, Chord B, chord C, chord D | chord A, Chord B, chord C, chord D,

anyway, in this key you can use any scale that fits in with them. For simple rock you might want to try C major, A minor and A minor pentatonic (although these 3 are in fact all exactly the same scale, but the pentatonic has some notes removed)

the same applies to any key.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Last edited by jeowy at Feb 9, 2008,
alright thanks mr jeowy
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by punk_metal2007
alright thanks mr jeowy
lol no problem
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!