Page 1 of 2
dean razorback 255 (24 fret, emgs)
dean razorback V 255 (24 fret, emgs)
jackson warrior wrmg
schecter hellraiser fr
musicman petrucci (mostly not possible... above budget limit )
carvin ultra v (custom)
esp alexi-600 ltd
esp jh-600
ibanez rg2550 prestige
jackson demmelition v (yet to come in)

i play LOTS of metal. not much rock... maybe progressive like DT, but not much else. lots and lots of solos and riffs. im gonna try em all before i buy, but just want some opinions.

EDIT : just saw some stuff i realized i dont like... the carvin has a scale of 25... not 25.5 that im used to... and i just tried a rhoads v... and a kramer vanguard... i dont thnk im gonna want one.. not comfy to sit with and access to higher frets is hard.

SO now the final contenders are......

dean razorback 255 (24 fret, emgs)
Washburn x40PRO
jackson warrior wrmg
Schecter BlackJack C-1 FR ATX
esp jh-600
ibanez rg2550 prestige
Last edited by jayeshrc at Mar 8, 2008,
Jackson Warrior, trust me you wont do disapointed,i have one, i love it
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
The fully loaded Petrucci is the best guitar on the market, imo (the one with the piezo system). It's 2Gs but worth every penny. If you can only afford the basic model (and no, I don't mean the OLP version) then it's pretty damn sweet too. Plus, you won't look like a total douche when you play any music that isn't death metal.
Man are you bloody crazy??
go the dean razorback 225.
EMG's,24 frets,floyd rose.
wat more would you want
and it is pretty much available for most genres, even works great for blues and country.
fully loaded petrucci musicman if you can afford. Will go all styles pretty damn well pending that you have a decent amp. Some don't like the d sonic but given your metal aspriations its probably your cup of tea.
hmmm.. i dont have the cash for a fully loaded petrucci.

i heard that dean necks are the best ever........ ??
Last edited by jayeshrc at Feb 10, 2008,
and im very hesitant abt getting an ibz.... ive tried a few, and they're not for metal much... and ive got long fingers, so i dont really need thin necks, if thats your reason for suggesting it.
oh and well its nnot my first guitar, so i can always use the other one for whatever else... its a kramer striker.. pretty good, but only upto a certain level. love the metallic red finish, though..
The best "metal" guitar for under $1000 that I know of is the newest version of the Jackson SLSMG. EMG actives, 24 frets on a Jackson compound radius neck, neck-through and a stable bridge so you don't have to dick around with lousy trems (I'll never fully understand the extent of the popularity of something that makes your guitar sound like a cat being beaten). Oh, and it looks cool without looking childishly wacky.
Last edited by Johnny Two Tone at Feb 9, 2008,
i need a trem. its not really lousy..... takes a bit longer to restring, and change tuning but well its ok 4 me. i love em....
As I said, the Warrior rules. The WRMG has active EMGs and the floyd rose is pretty good. The Razorbacks are pretty overpriced, I wouldnt bother with them. The Jackson DKMG is really good too, it has 24 frets, licensed floyd rose, EMGs (I have one) but it doesn't look that metal except for the reverse headstock.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Feb 10, 2008,
Get the Petrucci.

Alot of people have long fingers but still find the think Ibanez necks comfortable I.E. Paul Gilbert.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
i dint say they arent comfy... i said its not a real criteia for the neck to be so thin. seems the petrucci, warrior and razorback are the only 3 contenders here. lets see. any more suggestions, comments and experiences are very welcome. \m/
dudes i cant get this.. the black n white model'ss 699$... the black and yellow's 1199$...
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=3&TempID=4&STRID=65842&Method=2&CategoryID=1194&BrandID=1345&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

ebony, 24 frets... OFR.. but only one pickup. its supposed to be an sd blackout... not an emg hz... ill wait a bit and see.. but anyone got any experience wit this one?? the one pickup's bothering me a lot.
I am being rude, but I don't really think much of the list! I mean it goes from models that suit the bedroom strummer right up to pro gear. Tell us what you want to achieve? I mean the Schlecter isn't a bad piece of kit - but it doesn't fly off the shelves at the speed of light. I bet even the big catalogue companies don't sell four a year!

Also no Ibanez on the list. Why? They are usually on the "consider" list of people who live-and-breath electric guitars. I am not saying buy one, but they are better than average at selling modest price kit that holds tune.

The musicman petrucci would be my choice from the list - but I cannot see the rythmn or logic of the list in the first place. Unless looks dictate your world.
Stop showing off and play the music!
musicman pertrucci...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
i vote warrior. just because the name Warrior is sweet. I've played Petruccis and they are okay, I didn't like the neck to much, but thats just me.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
looks arent my world. if they come as part of the package, its real cool.. coz in metal its always a plus... and from where i come, ppl go crazier for **** like this... so i just put them there... ibanezes havent impressed me so much... ive tried a few... but one rg i tried felt like the strings wanted to rip theu my skin... it was like knife's edge... gonna look at a few to see... but right now they are'nt my thing... maybe a ill look at the rg2550 prestige or somethin... i just took the guitars ive heard a lot and put em up... so ya its got no logic..
Last edited by jayeshrc at Feb 11, 2008,
Quote by Johnny Two Tone
The fully loaded Petrucci is the best guitar on the market, imo (the one with the piezo system). It's 2Gs but worth every penny. If you can only afford the basic model (and no, I don't mean the OLP version) then it's pretty damn sweet too. Plus, you won't look like a total douche when you play any music that isn't death metal.

+1... the most amazing guitar I've ever played (even though I didn't get to try out the one with piezos, but from all the samples I've heard it's a huge plus).
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
if you cant afford the petrucci try a silo,same neck body headstock and you can change pickups easily because of the pickguard.mines an old 1989,you can pick them up pretty cheap.great guitar.
I believe he's referring to the Music Man Silhouette. It's also a great guitar, but not as good as the JP. The body is alder as opposed to basswood on the JP. The trem isn't as good... it still has Dimarzio pickups I believe, which are good. The neck is also very similar. You could look into those if u wanted... but they are still about 1300$

If you don't like that idea, i'd go with an Ibanez. Change the pickups and you have a great metal guitar, with a really fast neck and a good trem. That's what I use right now, though some time in the future I wanna get myself a JP ^^
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

check the musicman forums.ive got an ibanez too.a s540 1990,s jap custom.great guitar hsh wizard neck,floyd rose,but i dont play it as much as the silo.got mine used for £575.i think you can find them cheaper.
Last edited by marantz1300 at Feb 15, 2008,
Have you seen the Esp Ltd MH-400. It's a friggin sweet guitar. But outa those. I'd say the schecter. I don't think i could like another guitar as much as my hellraiser.
Musician's friend still has Silhouettes. I like Ibanez S series the most (I own an S prestige and couldn't be happier). The only guitar i'd trade it for at the moment is a MMJP. Schecter's are also good guitar, but they have slightly thicker necks i believe... I prefer the think Ibanez/MM necks.

edit: But really if you buy a Music Man guitar, don't buy it from Musician's friend or any other website like that. As mentioned before go to the forums or look on ebay. Their guitars are always highly costumizable etc...
- Scott Adams

Quote by SloppyJoseph
Have you seen the Esp Ltd MH-400. It's a friggin sweet guitar. But outa those. I'd say the schecter. I don't think i could like another guitar as much as my hellraiser.

+ Eleventy?

Also, from the list I vote for the ESP JH-600. I'm not a slayer fan, but I've played this and is a sweet axe, esp the neck/fretboard. I think the newer models have Kahler trem too....

DS
i meant the rg2550 isnt available... lol

yea thinkin of the jh- 600 and the schecter. mostly gonna get the schecter. scared of breakin the neck on a neck-thru...

but whats the diff betw a fr and kahler??? i mean can you tune down like a fixed bridge and use the trem and still stay in tune??
haha.... if i get famous enough, you meet me and remind me abt this..... ill consider it then.. :p
Carvin or Musicman all the way
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Carvin or Musicman all the way
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Page 1 of 2