Anyone know how to do it, or know if there's any guides? Google's proving fruitless.

If you're gonna say "Why, Spider II's are ****" then don't bother posting. It's not helpful in the slightest and doesn't answer the question.
if theres anything broken or not working anymore, send it to Line6
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
whatchu tryin to do to it?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
When it comes to modeling amps, there's really not much you can do, but send it back. All the parts are neat little IC's and tiny circuits you don't want to mess with.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
^

+1

There's no real maintenance to be done on Solid State amps, which is one of their selling points. Other than maybe a dusting and some common sense with handling, that's all they should need. At most, a speaker change if one gets blown.

There's no parts (like tubes) that would really get worn down and need replacement. It's like a miniature computer with a circuit board and chips.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I've established that the channel volume pot needs to be replaced. It's out of warranty and I'm fairly confident I can get hold of a pot of the same value fairly cheaply.
You never "established" anything until your recent post, so no one knew what you wanted to do. XD

Volume pot is easy. Open the amp, look at the back of the pot, see the value, (its also probably a linear pot), get a new pot, hook up the wires where they used to go. There should be only two lugs used.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
You never "established" anything until your recent post, so no one knew what you wanted to do. XD

Volume pot is easy. Open the amp, look at the back of the pot, see the value, (its also probably a linear pot), get a new pot, hook up the wires where they used to go. There should be only two lugs used.

Maybe he meant that he established it to himself, not to the thread?
try some good ol fashioned hammer maintenance
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Oh, possibly, XD.

But it still sounded weird though. Hence my XD
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12