I finally got the Stairway to Heaven solo down pat after about a month (and a half?) anyway.. what are some solos in that difficulty range that could help inprove my chops?
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Almost any Ac/dc solos.
/thread.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
knocking on heavens door-GnR
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
crazy train is really easy
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Alot of punk-rock solos (considering the band can solo) such as Social D, Greenday,etc. Also grunge like Nirvana and Rage Against The Machine solos arent too hard
Thats A Cream Dream
Rather than just learning as many easy solos as you can, find something hard and pick it apart piece by piece and learn it in really small chunks, practicing with a metronome until you have the entire thing nailed.

Try doing this with the solo from Tornado of Souls by Megadeth.
the easy solo's don't usually get you far, like cowboyup said, just pick something harder than you are capable of and practice it in parts
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.