i have a 5 way switch on my guitar and suddenly when i went from neck humbucker to bridge no sound came out but than i switched back and back again and it was fine

will my bridge humbucker eventually totally fail? in how many years
maybe the cord maybe the switch, A pickup is just an electro magnet - don't sweat it.
Quote by IceTele
maybe the cord maybe the switch, A pickup is just an electro magnet - don't sweat it.

how would i go about fixing that
Your pickup ois probably not broken.

You could try a different cord first. Then try moving the switch, if it's bad buy a new one they're cheap.
i had a similar prob on my bridge P/up. It ended up being a dry solder so that just need to be fixed and my guitar was fine
so this is an easy problem for a guitar tech to fix??? i go to nyu theres a guitar center really close to me... i dont have any experience in soldering at all
should i take it there
i took mine back to my local. they had it for 3 or 4 days but fixed it in a few hours. if its the same issue i had should be dealt with quick enough. unless the tech at your local is on holidays too
Probably just the switch is dirty (clean with contact spray) or at worst its a loose wire on the switch or a new ($5.00) switch. Clean it and if that doesn't help take it in, they shouldn't charge you more than $20.00.